1. Nan Bauer's rating of the film The Piano in a Factory

A great sense of humor, a terrific use of music, and beautifully shot and acted. Excellent.

2. Luther Ayers's rating of the film The Piano in a Factory

An amazing film! I cannot recommend it enough! Really shows the lengths that family will go to to provide a good life. The love shown is astounding, beating the odds. Amazing score as well fitting the mood perfectly. All the actors did a great job giving the sense of living in the rural area. Shots lent themselves to help you feel the street layouts and amazing symmetry. Fantastic film.

3. David R Williams's rating of the film The Piano in a Factory

In my experience, Chinese comedies seldom translate. This is the exception. Wonderfully warm and genuinely funny. Accented throughout with beautiful moments. When you don't want a film to end you know you have seen something very special.

4. Jeffrey's rating of the film The Piano in a Factory

I found the film to be a beautiful display of emotion shown and heard through poverty stricken landscapes, Russian music, and excessive cigarette smoking. Chen Guillin is a musician and factory worker who's quest is to win his daughter by getting her a piano. He ultimately decides that his best option is to build one. In this quest he finds contentment, both expected and unexpected,

5. Calvin Head's rating of the film The Piano in a Factory

First of all, The Piano in the Factory was funnier than anticipated. Its apparent that director Zhang Meng is a light-hearted spirit, playfully bringing music in and out to dress up a deep message in a more palatable way. Pairing that musical touch with perfectly in sync set & cinematography, the film dances around the reality of the society in the film keeping events comedic, but making sure events get due credit.

6. Jenny's rating of the film The Piano in a Factory

A wonderful film about the love of a father towards his daughter. Even through the rough times, the fathers love for his daughter came first. That is a true sign of love for family. The movie had a light-hearted feel to it and the acting was great. The music was catchy and memorable. I enjoyed watching this movie.

7. Ashley Baker's rating of the film The Piano in a Factory

A delightfully charming story about a father’s love that transcends any language or cultural barrier. Filled with humor, drama, and wonderful music, it is a tale that tugs at the heart while showcasing the hardships faced by the lower working class in China. Still it manages to be relevant to Western audiences as well while not taking itself too seriously.

8. Hao Wang's rating of the film The Piano in a Factory

Music, comedy and a heart-tugging story about a man and his daughter get thrown into the mix along with a crew of motley characters whose actions are aggressively "madcap." Great film with catchy tunes.

9. Shane Schenck's rating of the film The Piano in a Factory

An amazing movie. This film has a great balance of humor, tragedy, great characters, beautiful scenes. Even though it is set in such a dank city the camera work still makes it look exotic and robust. The story itself was superb. I could relate to it because my father fought for custody of me and my brother.

10. Kyle Carpenter's rating of the film The Piano in a Factory

The Piano in a Factory is a nicely paced film which gives a more light-heated insight to the struggles of the lower-class society of china. The music is good and the tunes are catchy. I really enjoyed the more playful aspect of this film, while still serious, you don't feel miserable watching it like most films on this site.

11. sjwhale's rating of the film The Piano in a Factory

Magical yet absurdist. An elevating and breathtaking comedy which opens another world of film-making to a western person.

12. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Piano in a Factory

(3.5 stars) Quite a cool and interesting way to present this simple story of a man trying to keep his daughter by getting her a piano. Some unique styles and VERY interesting music choices throughout that make this film quite engaging.

13. Pat Splittgerber's rating of the film The Piano in a Factory

14. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Piano in a Factory

7/10, my review: http://lasttimeisawdotcom.wordpress.com/2014/06/23/thepianoinafactory2010/

15. Sean's rating of the film The Piano in a Factory

Witty and beautiful filmed, great Chinese film that needs to be seen.

16. Ashley Shen Y J's rating of the film The Piano in a Factory

The fabricated photography makes it look plastic. The sarcasm and ridicule make it a sharp portrait of reality.

17. shu pu's rating of the film The Piano in a Factory

I love this film. I love its dignity and courage. Beautifully shot in the forgotten corner of China.