1. elisa's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

2. Eduardo Coelho's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

A magnificient film with a incredible acting of Isabelle Huppert.

3. OLIVER-J's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

Haneke is such a master. first time seeing this one (!) and it is excellent, although not sure I'd say it's my personal favourite of his. Huppert is fantastic here, no denying that. as with all Haneke films the editing, camera work and sound - all top notch. the ending is pretty much perfect, Haneke easily has some of the best endings ever, can't think of a single film of his that doesn't end strongly.

4. alessandrofarris001's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

One of the ultimate character studies, and a disquieting immersion in a really disturbed and repressed psyche. Haneke manages to create enormous empathy for an unlikable character without resorting to any melodramatic device, while Isabelle Huppert gives the performance of a lifetime; what she does in this movie is just beyond acting, you can't help but feel sad for her.

5. TheCinemaAdventurist's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

This movie is a one-of-a-kind! So unique! Michael Haneke crafts truly an emotionally powerful film. Isabelle Huppert gives truly one of the strongest performances in cinema ever. So captivating and so hard to watch at the same time.

6. Dave Alcantara's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

Amazing story! great performances.

7. NCMBianchi's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

Great at being disturbing – yet touching – Haneke's 'La pianiste' deserves every praise it received. The narrative is a bit fragmented, but gives an even stronger sense of alienation to the life of the main character. The topics of pent-up sexuality, violence and psichological instability are excellently conveyed through cause-effect mechanism (their actions) that baffle both the viewers and the characters.

8. Elena's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

9. angeldromero's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

Words won't ever be enough to explain my love for this film. Wow! Masterpiece.

10. ghinnet's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

First time in a long, long while that a film succeeds in touching me so sharply. My first Haneke, this is a tale where love and pain fight against each other, and it's – maybe unsurprisingly – a strenuous, contradictory, crude and extremely violent fight for body and mind alike. But The Piano Teacher may also fundamentally be a story about the politics (+policing) of womanhood, social restraints and female self-hate.

11. LibertyCapz's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

Phenomenal performances all around in this masterfully crafted psychological thriller. Absolutely loved it. Will definitely look out for more from Haneke.

12. Shahin Katila's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

13. vizija's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

Close up irréversible. 4+

14. jewelsofglory's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

Lust transforms into repulsion as fantasy turns into reality. I haven't seen self loating performed so accurately on the screen.

15. Ethan's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

This is one harshly sexual film and Isabelle Huppert gives an intense performance that proves she is one of the greatest actors of all time. Huppert can express more with a blank stare then most can with a ten minute monologue. Haneke crafts a meticulous film that focuses on the repression and lack of human compassion that the films characters have for each other. This is feel bad cinema at its finest.

16. aurkihnowe's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

My first exposure to Haneke's self-created genre, "emotional horror"....of course there are precedents, but this film is just absolutely BRUTAL psychically....

17. bartkl's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

Edgy to the point where you would start doubting the psychological credibility of it all if it weren't done as brilliantly as it is. I found myself troubled and confused, not sure who to judge anymore, all the while being fed new extremities. I'm impressed Haneke turned this into something deeply interesting, as the subject is easily taken advantage of for cheap entertainment. Also: Huppert was absolutely perfect.

18. hemachandra's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

19. Anca.'s rating of the film The Piano Teacher

20. Hugo Bonjour's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

Deeply disturbing, sometimes even hard to watch, but brilliant!

21. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

22. Ghostman's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

A masterpiece. One of the greatest films of world cinema. And further confirmation that Isabelle Huppert is the greatest actor in all of cinema. I used to hate Haneke because I hated his American Funny Games and that was the first thing I saw by him. I'd avoid his work like the plague but now I want to watch everything by him. The Piano Teacher is one of the most heartbreaking films I've ever seen.

23. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Piano Teacher

24. Jason's rating of the film The Piano Teacher

Revisiting this I am more certain than ever that Huppert gives here what is a strong contender for greatest performance in the history of cinema. Žižek is also right about this being the ultimate film about how unpleasant the results tend to be when we attempt to make our most sordid desires become a reality. After the formal radicalism of 71 FRAGMENTS and CODE INCONNU, Haneke makes a relative classicism pay off.