1. Yx Xz's rating of the film The Pirate

nińa, nińa, nińa i'll be havin' schizophrenia till I make yah tillI make yah till I make yah mine

2. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Pirate

Really not a very good musical. Kelly just feels miscast as a pirate. Garland and Kelly's musical numbers are fine though and keep this from being a total bore. I admire Minnelli and co for trying to make a musical that wasnt in the MGM tradition, unfortunately the result is just so so. Recommended for some of the musical numbers though

3. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film The Pirate

"There you go. I think he's pretty, uh, pretty, uh, pretty good." http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2014/06/episode-18.html

4. filmcapsule's rating of the film The Pirate

What a joyous film! The hypnotism scenes talk about a science of "animal magnetism" and that's exactly what Garland and Kelly exude from the screen. When Minnelli's camera is not as buoyant and graceful as Kelly's dancing, it's still and refined. If you have a perfect medium close-up of the devastatingly lovely Judy Garland singing, why would you ever move or cut?

5. Taylor P's rating of the film The Pirate

6. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Pirate

Glossy Hollywood look at the Caribbean is loads of fun especially "Be A Clown" which was a precursor to "Make Em Laugh"

7. H. Jackson's rating of the film The Pirate

Wow. The Pirate is so much fun. It's such a wonderfully entertaining film - Gene Kelly is absolutely electric, the Technicolor is as beautiful as anywhere else, and the entire experience is carried along by a marvellously tongue-in-cheek love story. Brilliant. I don't generally go for musicals, but The Pirate is a great motion picture.

8. Dale Wittig's rating of the film The Pirate

Judy Garland plays Manuela, a girl betrothed to the much older mayor, who (unknown to her) in his younger days was the very Pirate by whom she now dreams of being abducted. When she is placed under hypnosis by a traveling player, Serafin played by Gene Kelly, she lets loose with a song that seeks to encompass and express her vast sensual longings. It's the best of film musicals and Mac the Black is its very heart.

9. Roscoe's rating of the film The Pirate