1. Eric Porcelluzzi's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

2. Ligia Prodan's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

3. thelastronaut's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

Gosling is such a strong actor that without him the movie fades.

4. Skinnedteen's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

Who really cared about Bradley Cooper's character on this one? It's exciting to watch in the first half but as the plot progress, it was anticlimactic.

5. cinebaby's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

Can never get enough of this underrated film. Incredible ensemble, beautiful cinematography and music. Moves me every time.

6. Laura Ivaškėvičiūte's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

Kinda mad at Bradley Cooper at the moment. The ending was quite disappointing but I guess that's what you get when you decide to kill off Ryan Gosling's character and replace it with some corrupt lame ass police officer. Points for Dane DeHaan.

7. Savanna Ruedy's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

An amazing movie. Wish I could see more of Ryan Gosling. Definitely extremely moving. The story gets pretty complicated at some points.

8. Luke Spence's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

"The duality of man" A trite message in cinema, one that is often poorly executed by writers and directors that hardly scratch the surface of the concept. This is not the case here. While at times this theme is made far to obvious the film does present it in a grounded and realistic fashion. 4 stars the first time I watched 3 stars all the other times

9. In An Expression Of The Inexpressible's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

Starts off promising and with some amazing shots, good pace and all, but after the first turn of events it just starts to become a packed and quickly delivered multi-story with a lot of radical actions or strong emotions by characters that are not grounded in anything we can relate to. Gosling is again unbelievably good.

10. João Luís Ribeiro's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

11. Bob's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

It goes in the direction that is extraordinarily unlikely, which adds a dose of brutal realism and validity of fable to a level that keeps satisfaction out of something that is supposed to be bleak and downhill. As much as this is a strength, it falls short in the third act with forced acts and wooden characters that are just a shadow of the rich personalities from the first half. Still, exceptional and worthy.

12. Gabriele Pumo's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

13. Anca.'s rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

14. blyniukas's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

Ooooh, so sentimental. Made of two parts, the second of which is even weaker than the first one and completely ruined the film for me.

15. Vincent Maël's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

Man fühlt sich wie in einem Modernisierungsversuch großer Dichter, von Aischylos bis Euripides, mit konstitutiven Faktoren der griech. Tragödie (attische Demokratie, Polisgemeinschaft, Bühnenkunst), die sich von Exposition bis Exodus pro Akt immer akribischer arriviert. Große Kunst, die man erst bei genauer Betrachtung wahrnimmt.

16. jonnyboy69's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

The Place Beyond the Pines is a masterpiece of cause and effect. It's all about the choices you make every day, and how those choices can not only change your life, but the lives of others. I feel it's rare to say this about any film nowadays that isn't a big budget blockbuster, but to me this is a true epic. By the end you've gone so far with these characters, and you've watched changes reverberate through time.

17. Burcu Soygüzeloğlu's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

18. JoãoMoura's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

Era preciso mais Ryan Gosling.

19. Razinsky's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

20. kris's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

3.5 A film that needs to be watched a few times, great soundtrack. It definitely has something even though I'm not a fan of the movies split from Gosling to cooper. Its a shame it wasn't all about Goslings character and young family it just got to complex and cluttered.

21. s.trula@me.com's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

A bit torn between giving this a 3 or a 4. Watched after seeing Gosling in Drive, and this is another strong performance by him. Cinematography reminds me of much American contemporary landscape and documentary photography (a big plus for me). Feels like it could have been written/directed/edited a bit more tightly, but still a great film to watch and a compelling story told.

22. cinegeek.de's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines

Der Film eröffnet mit einem Mann, dessen Körper übersäht ist mit Tattoos, wie er sich durch einen Karneval kämpft. Schliesslich drückt er sich an seinen Fans vorbei, hin zu einem Metallkäfig. Das ist so ein Anfang, der auf ganz viel schliessen lässt! Niemand würde so etwas inszenieren, hätte er nicht noch eine Menge artifizieller Ideen im Gepäck!(...)

23. Ameille's rating of the film The Place Beyond the Pines