1. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film The Plague of the Zombies

First and only Hammer film on the living dead thematic. Quite a convincing one in the genre. Army of zombie slaves serving a vicious bourgeoisie found of occultism, in a lost superstitious village with bigot autochtonous.

2. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film The Plague of the Zombies

I'll admit, I only watched this film in order to gawk at Alex Davion, but that didn't distract me from noticing how bad this film is. I like John Gilling films, but definitely not this one. The concept may have been fresh for its day, but realistically its a terrible movie. Entertaining enough if you watch it just to laugh at all the many mistakes.

3. Edna Sweetlove's rating of the film The Plague of the Zombies

Above-average Hammer with a nice score by the immortal James.

4. Dale Wittig's rating of the film The Plague of the Zombies

John Gilling's Hammer Horror film just turned fifty years old and remains as entrancing as when I first saw it in 1966. Shot in Cornwall, with the old tin mines serving as eerie settings for this surprising examination of exploitation and class warfare, it tells the story of a young woman who comes to tend an ailing friend but, set upon, ends up incinerating the local Lord, his manor house and his Voodoo dolls.

5. sandracine's rating of the film The Plague of the Zombies

Saw this double-billed with "Dracula, Prince of Darkness", as a little kid and was traumatized for months with nightmares. Glad I got over it. My favorite program right now is The Walking Dead!

6. mjgildea's rating of the film The Plague of the Zombies

I prefer my zombies to be rotting and diseased instead of the voodoo slaves that Plague of the Zombies offers up. However if you throw in Hammer's world-renowned gothic atmosphere you get over that real quick. This movie has some genuinely disturbing moments even if the whole thing is on the uneven side. Andre Morell and the last 15 minutes make up for any dull moments but overall, well-done.