1. Iuliaalexandra's rating of the film The Player

2. Matt Reddick's rating of the film The Player

Cinephiles with heart conditions beware! ... the audio commentary explains who the person was behind the postcards :o

3. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film The Player

Fucking brilliant. It's good to see a movie where the cameos actually make sense.

4. spasmolytic's rating of the film The Player

I guess there's nothing wrong with it.

5. Pedro C. Alencastro's rating of the film The Player

That has got to be the smartest ending I've ever seen

6. FISCHER's rating of the film The Player

Convaincant et fort réjouissant... www.cinefiches.com

7. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Player

This and Short Cuts are probably the two best films Altman made in my eyes. A laundry list of cameos, quick pacing, and a good screenplay make this an easy film to love, what makes it classic is how Altman reigns everything in with a deft hand, keeping the whole thing feeling understated, in the midst of all the social commentary on the film industry. Loved it. One of the best of the 90s

8. José Neves's rating of the film The Player

TV, re-rating. My previous irritation with its first-degree referencial structure has led me to devalue its intelligent construction into layers of progressively related and simultaneously autonomous readings, resulting in one of the most exciting and amoral revisions of the thriller of recent years, standing in dignity with some Billy Wider's films. The initial sequence-shot is an extraordinary example of this: ...

9. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Player

10. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film The Player

Loved the atmosphere of noir and the tounge in cheek humor. The cast really is a spectacle to behold and the pacing of the story never tires. Soundtrack was the unsung hero in this one though with the chaotic drum and jazz combination. It was excellent and an absolute classic.

11. ughchenausea's rating of the film The Player

"ladri di biciclette? amo quel film" "è un film d'autore, non conta. stiamo parlando di veri film."

12. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film The Player

3.5 // nice humor, acting & directing, but for the high expectations i was a bit underwhelmed

13. Joks's rating of the film The Player

Overrated. Dull. Toothless.

14. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film The Player

Not Altman's best, but certainly worthy of praise. I'm not sure he's a great actor, but I always enjoy Tim Robbins for some reason.

15. Jason's rating of the film The Player

All these years later, I still find it a little difficult to fathom how Altman, having fallen so steadfastly from grace in the eyes of the industry by this point in his career, was able to populate this ribald corral. Satire about bankrupt values and the profit motive, and a comment on the concessions one has to make in Hollywood (its own "concessions" thus being its most stinging ironies). Kinda shockingly upbeat.

16. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Player

17. jenstor's rating of the film The Player

18. Cartaphilus's rating of the film The Player

It is clever, very. But for some reason in this third viewing I felt it much slower than I remembered it. there were moments were it almost stopped and the dialogue or the visuality were not enough to justify the length of the shots. Nevertheless is Altman and the acid critique is enough to justify it!

19. James Mackin's rating of the film The Player

As a cinephile, this had to be one of the most fun experiences I've ever had watching a film.

20. Maudy Puteri Agusdina's rating of the film The Player

Mengapresiasi satir tentang peliknya industri film dan Hollywood ending (dan bertebaran cameo dimana-mana) tapi menyinggung sesuatu yang dangkal dengan menyampaikan hasil yang sama dangkalnya apa bedanya (i need more than just "menampilkan"). Plus, characters are not that interesting for me personally.

21. Ethan's rating of the film The Player

Who better to make a movie about Hollywood then the man who thoroughly detested Hollywood? Robert Altman delivered a magnificent satirical and honest look at the Hollywood studio system. Tim Robbins is brilliant as the sleazy studio exec and the supporting players and countless cameos make this one of Altman's greatest achievements.

22. HSBilly's rating of the film The Player

it have a great punchline. not the traffic was a bitch.

23. Aardsy's rating of the film The Player

Finally, someone points out that Hollywood is silly.

24. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Player

When's the last time any of us actually went to a movie? Nervous laughter... in the audience too.