1. G x's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

Safdie captures the peculiarities, the randomness and the loneliness of city life. Elenore Hendricks is an engaging presence throughout. Lots of lovely details to be observed, it is an enjoyable watch.

2. Superfrog's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

The image is at points commendable, but as my friend who watched the first half commented:"What a clever bunch". The weakness of the borderline characters displayed is just tiresome rather than conducive to the exploration of different viewpoints.

3. mis marg's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

4. tjieu's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

Unlikeable characters ambling around aimlessly a movie doesn't make... Thank god this was short.

5. P D Dawson's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

This film was pretty good until a bizarre bit at the end with her at the zoo and then swimming in the river with an obviously fake polar bear. Did I miss something, was she on drugs, or was it supposed to be real? Without this bizarre part, the film was pretty good, but it didn't go anywhere, we merely just dipped in and out of this girl's life, and gained little pleasure from being in it. Brief, strange & incomplete

6. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

Eleonore Hendricks is great in the main role here, but the character is so hard to like that the film becomes a bit of a chore, despite the brief runtime. There's the germ of a good idea here, it's just very well hidden. Director Joshua Safdie picks the aesthetic he wants to go for and at least sticks to it admirably.

7. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

8. dannyjp1981's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

Quirky debut feature from the mega talented Safdie Brothers, which “stole” my heart. A simple story of a young woman who gets by in New York from stealing - and does so in such an assured and deft way that she frequently succeeds because of the charm-effect she has - The Pleasure Of Being Robbed is an easy and kind of gripping watch. Funny, charming, and over in less than 70 minutes

9. Joao Domingues's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

§ a contradiction in conception

10. Shane Ewen's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

The flâneuse of NYC swims with Gus the polar bear, bwahaha! New Yorkers love mumblecore; does anyone else?

11. Greg's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

A petty crime film that meanders with such freedom its impossible to resist. Of course the Safdie brothers 2017 'Good Time' takes it up a notch in terms of intensity but in some ways I prefer the gentle simplicity of this film. I also love the fact that it really doesn't overstay its welcome. Big fan of short features, wish there were more of them, great for double bills!

12. Omnibus1's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

If you can get past the gleeful amorality, there's much to enjoy here. Taking driving lessons in a stolen car was a joke that had surprising distance in it. Many of the other scenes of casual theft were just bizarre. I'd have enjoyed this one a lot more about ten years ago; before cynicism started to take hold... For that reason, I enjoyed 'Good Time' a lot more (they make a great double bill).

13. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

I loved the seed popping scene

14. Andrew's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

Immersive filmmaking, using grainy, close focus visuals and careful editing to highlight moments of transgression and risk. Yes, there is a strong New York bohemian vibe which is mildly annoying. But the dynamic, docu-realist visuals and sense of peril propel the film onwards. Except it never arrives anywhere. Stylistically strong impressionist piece with a ludicrous fake polar bear. Interesting but rather pointless.

15. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

16. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

17. surgery-ethic's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

18. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

I like the film's documentary-like style. It seems like the main character has not grown up in this world being unaware of ownership.

19. captainfez's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

No consequences, no interest. YOU LET ME DOWN, POLAR BEAR.

20. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

A pretentious, hipster celebration of klepto-mumblecore pseudo-dérives that was originally intended as a short film to promote Kate Spade Handbags (no, really). I did feel cheated and robbed and that was not very pleasant.

21. FISCHER's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

La face pesante et saumâtre d'un certain cinéma prétendu indépendant, certes des grands majors yankees, mais non de la prétention narcissique et de la viduité cinématographique, qui propose, à défaut d'imposer, un scénario translucide, inexistant et d'une fadeur hautement émétique, non dénué d'un certain ridicule... www.cinefiches.com

22. hemachandra's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

I watched this because of the great reviews GOOD TIME (also by Safdie brothers) got at Cannes this year. I shouldn't have.

23. Quattro's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

Some really cute moments, she's great and I enjoyed the soundtrack a lot, but it's so loose and underdeveloped that I'm not even sure if this should be considered an actual movie. I'd hardly recommend it to anyone – but I have to say, I don't regret the hour I spent with it. (By the way, why does the sinopsys here think that people should «owe her their thanks». For what. And what about that bear thin– never mind.)

24. Bilouaustria's rating of the film The Pleasure of Being Robbed

Young filmmaker trying to be Cassavetes. It is harder than it seems. This film attracts the eye in the first half hour, partly because everything is so intriguing but appears to be empty in the end. Nothing really to dislike though. Just not seriously written with a potentially interesting character that end up being annoying. And what was that at the Central Park Zoo ? Poetry ? Dream ? Little embarrassing.