1. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film The Pope of Greenwich Village

Honest work. Let me tell ya somethin' about 'honest work'. When somebody says they got 'honest work', you know what they got? They got a shit job, that's what they got. This is almost a five based on rourke at top of his game.

2. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film The Pope of Greenwich Village

Loved the acting, especially Eric Roberts. Story looses steam often. Drab moments. Sinatra soundtrack is a nice touch to create that NYC feel. The robbery scene is tense and gripping. Roller coaster of a film.

3. Alexandre Roy's rating of the film The Pope of Greenwich Village

If it wasn't for Eric Roberts' cringy overacting this one would be near-perfect. Mickey Rourke and the supporting cast all give great performances and the story felt very real. Pathetic, small-time crooks making stupid decisions and paying the price. No overblown drama.

4. Marin's rating of the film The Pope of Greenwich Village

5. Jp Diaz's rating of the film The Pope of Greenwich Village

eric roberts crying makes me run out of breath.

6. Patrick Humphreys's rating of the film The Pope of Greenwich Village

My personal feel-good film. I could watch this every day of my life. Rourke is moody and subtle, and Roberts is over-the-top sublime. Their chemistry together makes for a viewing experience that is simply magical. And just look at the supporting cast: Geraldine Page, Kenneth McMillan, M. Emmet Walsh, Burt Young, Val Avery—the list goes on!

7. PETE GCDB's rating of the film The Pope of Greenwich Village

Just watched it recently. Such a great film. One of Mickey and Erics best. Eric is out of control funny in this. I call this the "Mean Streets of the 80s".

8. micah van hove's rating of the film The Pope of Greenwich Village

9. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film The Pope of Greenwich Village

An earnest attempt at a Scorsese-esque New York street drama, but one I just couldn't connect with. Mickey Rourke and Eric Roberts are both fine actors, but their characters here are so shrill and obnoxious they border on caricature. Not a terrible film, technically, but this fatal flaw makes the film as a whole uninvolving and often annoying more than anything.

10. Astrojanitor's rating of the film The Pope of Greenwich Village

Roberts is so good in this it's ridiculous