1. -REM-'s rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

2. Miggy Angel's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

reminded me of boys from the black stuff i mean he even looks a bit like yosser hughes

3. Paul Relf's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

Beautiful. A glimpse into the hardships, hopes and dreams of humanity in an unassuming, unpretentious and hugely enjoyable 90 minutes.

4. Benji's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

Watching this film, and films like it, makes me despise hollywood just that little bit more. I thought this was beautiful, Really enjoyed it.

5. Ursula Bree's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

"Brutti, sporchi e cattivi" by Ettore Scola, 1976. Another bitter smile

6. Pendar Gh's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

Dark humour at its best. Makes you see how dreadful poverty can be. The characters are all well acted and the storyline has a good flow.

7. Nikola Enchev's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

It is a depressing fact about reality that the people who need intellectual capital the most, the poor, often lack it.

8. T Mills's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

Another strong film from the South American selections of Mubi, however I feel there is something lacking at the end of this work which holds it back from greatness. Perhaps not heavy enough or not light enough and too much in between. Nevertheless, the highlight is Troncoso, who seems incredibly underrated as an actor. His work in this and other Mubi selections proves he should be an international star.

9. Alex's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

I was entertained (at the edge of my seat!), but not impressed.

10. cozimo's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

This conveyed a sense of desperation while trying to still be funny. However, the only funny scenes were in ways that made them funny only in an delusional way. As in, why would they be so happy, they live in poverty, haha, way.

11. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

The seriously sad curse of catholic hope.

12. DrFirestone's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

Set in a small town in Uruguay (I believe it's one of Uruguay's poorest areas), this film tells a sad story about poverty and mainly hope, dreams, and the harsh reality of the world we live in. Very good cast and naturalistic acting. There are humorous elements, I wouldn't call this film a comedy though.

13. pixie1396@yahoo.com's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

As a Philadelphian with the Pope about to come to visit....this was quite interesting. Love historical non and fiction, great point of view on the locals.

14. raggiodisole's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

the discouraging sight of religion providing yet another illusion for a small poor part of the world, side by side with petty corruption. true, yes, hard to accept, yes, enyoyable, hardly

15. Max Gould-Meisel's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

Poignant for the socio-economic impact of large scale events, such as religious gatherings and sport tournaments. Simple working class hardships are left void by the expectations of hopes and dreams. Depressing, especially considering Brasil 2014 WC. Yet the characters are likeable, each one of them, and sweeping, moving shots of the border/countryside really places the viewer in their world.

16. Michael Brock's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

I loved the spirit of the film. The timeless parable of the Haves and Have Nots. The symbol of the modest bicycle and cyclists who share and support each other contrasting with the only character in the film who has a car, the selfish capitalist. The film has a positive ending, almost similar to the ending of the Italian Job - We live in hope! The irony of course being that the Pope is the richest of them all.

17. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

What a lovely, lovely film. Well acted by pros and amateurs alike. Beautifully crafted relationships. Such humane humour, such tension and such bathos. A poignant tribute and tonic to the human spirit.

18. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

This is more of a tragedy, and the music emphasizes that fact in an exaggerated way. They weren't able to mine any humor from the tragedy, which is a shame.

19. Trevor mallett's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

really enjoyed it ,some time its nice to watch a film from another country ,like block bester as well ,as there say vairity is the spice of life ,this film was for me , brill great ,and enternianing

20. correy baldwin's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

21. mabsut's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

The only humorous aspect of this film is the title. The most likely audience for this film are young Americans planning to join The Peace corps in Uruguay.

22. tanya ahmed's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

Wonderful movie, believable characters, excellent acting, a shear delight to watch!

23. lupinpooter's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

I wouldn't call this a comedy - or a farce - either. Although it does have some funny and touching moments, it is a tragic tale.

24. lau's rating of the film The Pope's Toilet

hilarious? it was the saddest movie i have ever seen. its the reality of my people. if you want to see what uruguay and uruguayans are really like, watch this film.