1. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

2. le Gars's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

3. Cimino!'s rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

Gilda Munson, Cora Smith: 1946 was the year when the advertised Femme Fatale turned out to be the sympathetic character. The screenplay is not perfect (the Mexican and blackmail subplots, the un-noirish "God The Postman" finale), but Lana Turner is unforgettable. Now I need to check other versions like "Ossessione" and "Le Dernier Tournant".

4. FISCHER's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

Sur le thème de la passion fatale et mortelle menant deux êtres au crime sordide, Tay Garnett nous livre un excellent film "noir", souvent cité en référence, et qui retraduit fort bien l'atmosphère désespérée de la plupart des bouquins du romancier. www.cinefiches.com

5. bulgrin's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

Another ok film noir. I personally liked the Italien version (Ossessione) much more.

6. Aardsy's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

No mail was harmed in the making of this movie.

7. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

8. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

Essential noir. Havent seen this one in ages. Need to rectify. 4.5 stars

9. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

Such a nice film on schizophrenia!

10. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

Película que camina por el cine negro. La presencia de la femme fatale que se asoma para provocar ese lado oscuro de un hombre "sin ataduras" creará un conflicto aún mayor. La historia cierra una fase y se abre con una nueva generando nuevos conflictos, aparentmente independientes, pero que son consecuencias del origen de una relación/pacto. Lo que me sorprende es ese final que reivindica a su protagonista principal.

11. Quinten Wyns's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

Nice!!! Or should I say, twice?? Nice!!! Nice!!!

12. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

I've got to be missing something here. I was shocked to learned that this is a revered classic.

13. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

6/10, my double bill review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1mW (with Ossessione 1943)

14. Matthew Martens's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

This first adaptation lacks both the sting of the novel and, despite the presence of the inimitable Lana Turner, the swooning sultriness of the 1981 remake. Nevertheless, once we reach the courts the implacable walls of fate begin to close in in a clever and satisfying manner. She's funny that way.

15. carolvidal's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

16. Caitlin's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

A stand-out film noir that delivers a compelling portrait of murderous lovers who, in the end, destroy themselves.

17. Michael Harbour's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

Layer upon layer of manipulations. Hume Cronyn reinvigorates the movie toward the end after it has begun to sag under it's own accumulated weight a bit. There's a very effective, stomach churning shot of a car careening down a cliff partway through. Caught me a bit off-guard, that did.

18. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

The performances are the main standouts in this dark and twisty noir.

19. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

A pretty satisfying film noir despite the cornball ending and misogyny - not so much in the actual film even but more in reactions calling her "cheap, pure evil", when wtf she was the most sympathetic character? (which since she's probably not meant to be could be chalked up to uneven directing or poor characterization or just my own aversion to controlling older men and leering bums with no concept of boundaries).

20. Vlad's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

Hume Cronyn makes it worthwhile almost by himself.

21. film_lies101's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

A pretty faithful adaptation of the novel, I liked it.

22. MarcH's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

For an MGM film of 1946, it's quite sleazy. Was Louis B Mayer on vacation that month?

23. Daniela's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

Who wrote the ending, McCarthy?

24. liesbet vanessche's rating of the film The Postman Always Rings Twice

A weird movie. Everything went really fast, no context at all. But I liked it.