1. Diego Carrera's rating of the film The Poughkeepsie Tapes

A fake documentary in which almost all actors are bad and each line sounds forced and unconvincing. *Filmmakers who think that fear and dread can be provoked by bad staged sensationalism, PLEASE grow up.*

2. Marcus Killerby's rating of the film The Poughkeepsie Tapes

Some of the worst filmmaking I've ever seen. These flaws aren't nearly as intentional as some would have you believe. The movie frequently violates its own rules by having the killer move in front of the moving camera that he's meant to be holding, or playing sound effects over the found footage. The acting isn't as bad as everyone says either though. Ultimately it's a poorly researched and executed movie. 2 stars.

3. pseuDony's rating of the film The Poughkeepsie Tapes

saya pernah beberapa kali menonton film-film 'aneh' tapi The Poughkeepsie Tapes is WEIRD AF...

4. Diego Ravazzolo's rating of the film The Poughkeepsie Tapes

5. Íris Jordão's rating of the film The Poughkeepsie Tapes

6. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film The Poughkeepsie Tapes

7. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film The Poughkeepsie Tapes

Absolutely mesmerizing. So gritty, raw, and engaging that you forget it is all a work of faux documentary filmmaking. Loved it.

8. Roobarb's rating of the film The Poughkeepsie Tapes

I've always found Plague Doctor masks to be both terrifying and arousing.

9. Shelley's rating of the film The Poughkeepsie Tapes

first 40 minutes: shitty. last 40 minutes: sort of interesting, intriguing, a weird take on kidnapping someone and what it can do to you. I can only half recommend watching this.

10. Thresk's rating of the film The Poughkeepsie Tapes

This shouldn't work on so many levels - almost uniformly horrible acting, a few laughably cheesy moments - but it does. The post-processing on the tapes (static, noise, roll, color deformation) is almost the star in itself, and helps to create some of the most unique and genuinely creepy atmosphere in anything I've seen. I hate the "horror" genre, categorically, but this is a hugely underappreciated gem.