1. Tadzio Bonaparte's rating of the film The Prince and the Showgirl

Marilyn had great comedic sensibility. This is perhaps her best performance.

2. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film The Prince and the Showgirl

The true romance of Monroe's life was between her and the camera. This film showcases that better than any other.

3. mjgildea's rating of the film The Prince and the Showgirl

2 1/2 out of 5 stars. For as dull as The Prince and the Showgirl started it slowly peaked into a showcase for what is probably Marilyn Monroe's finest performance. It took a while to build but once it did I had zero complaints. The ending left me feeling slightly unfulfilled also but I absolutely could not take my eyes off Monroe or ignore her performance. Definitely necessary viewing for Monroe fans.

4. Owen Sound's rating of the film The Prince and the Showgirl

Considering the differences in Olivier and Monroe's acting reputations it's interesting how she completely outshines him in this movie. He desperately struggles to hold the screen against her but he mostly appears wooden and humourless. Marilyn is such a breath of fresh air and her charismatic, luminous and spontaneous performance is the best thing about the movie. If only Olivier could have been up to her standards.

5. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Prince and the Showgirl

4/10 my review: http://lasttimeisawdotcom.wordpress.com/2014/03/13/theprinceandtheshowgirl1957/

6. Hannah Bowie's rating of the film The Prince and the Showgirl

Elsie Marina and Lorelei Lee are two of my favorite characters that Marilyn played. They always wanted to put her in the ditzy, brainless beauty roles but she always lets through her intelligence and personality. My absolute favorite scene is her first "dinner date" with the Prince Regent when she shows her dislike of him being such an ass by being an ass herself. It was so fun to see her be so sarcastic and cheeky.

7. roxanadanaila's rating of the film The Prince and the Showgirl

it is truly her best performance

8. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film The Prince and the Showgirl

Tremendously charming comedy features Marilyn Monroe as a ditzy chorus girl who strikes the fancy of a dour and uptight Carpathian prince. Served as the inspiration for the new film, MY WEEK WITH MARILYN, the film shows little of Monroe's supposed lack of confidence. She positively glows on screen.

9. Noiresque's rating of the film The Prince and the Showgirl

It's my favourite Marilyn performance as well. I didn't understand why she was so loved until I watched this. She was so organic and intelligent.

10. Pearl's rating of the film The Prince and the Showgirl

Easily my favourite of Monroe's performances. Melts my heart, and she never looked more beautiful.