1. ronny's rating of the film The Producers

a tad dated so all you modern humans better go in with a little sense of humor. it's ridiculous to the point of hilarity. minus one star for all the screaming, plus one star for "Springtime for Hitler" staying stuck in my head for days...

2. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Producers

An amusing debut from Mel Brooks.

3. Honeychurch's rating of the film The Producers

huh. Well, that hasn't aged well after 50 years, has it? Geez. I give credit to the premise and there seemed lots of opportunities for good lines/laughs, but the script just whiffed time and time again at those great set-ups. Oh well.

4. Loz Loory's rating of the film The Producers

Just seeing the title of this film makes me start giggling as the song "Springtime for Hitler" springs to mind. Dicky Shawn singing "Love Power" is pure comedic magic. Some of the business with the blonde bombshell secretary is quite dated by now, but the bulk of the movie is delightful.

5. hugojude's rating of the film The Producers

Brooks has always possessed a keen, brilliant grasp on humor and wonderfully portioned storytelling. This film is a perfect example of showing that nothing can stand--even evil--against the assault of laughter. Genius.

6. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film The Producers

7. El Biffo's rating of the film The Producers

Pretty dumb but plenty o' chuckles. 3.6*

8. Erik F.'s rating of the film The Producers

9. Luke's rating of the film The Producers

10. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Producers

Brooks has an old school Catskills style of humor that is somewhat of an acquired taste at times. The movie is SAVED by the over-the-top zany performances by both Mostel and WIlder, as well as the supporting cast of Shawn, Mars and Hewett. Some straight up silliness going on here and shades of things to come. It's worth a watch for the history of comedy it represents in some way. Not perfect, but fun.

11. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The Producers

I think the film didn't age well. Most gags are far too outdated and there is a lack of timing because Zero Mostel is dominating the whole piece with his character and doesn't leave enough room for the others. The 2001 musical version is much more elaborated and snappier.

12. jewelsofglory's rating of the film The Producers

I can’t understand the hype with this one. Although, I did find it funny I probably was just put off by Mostel’s toupee.

13. Myles's rating of the film The Producers

A perfect comedy for 1968. Couldn't get made today. Sparks the thought: have we gone backwards?

14. Dalibor's rating of the film The Producers

Importance of this comedy lies not so much in the sheer humor itself, but in it's daring provocativeness and theatrical tone, maneuvering the story towards utter absurdity. The kind of humor which will eventually be the explored by early Woody Allen, but finally refined and perfected by Monty Python, both of whom were undoubtedly influenced by Mel Brooks' successful debut.

15. Aardsy's rating of the film The Producers

The Fuhrer was a terrific dancer.

16. Thomas Dods's rating of the film The Producers

Still very funny, though a bad taste comedy about Nazis probably always will be. As much as the chemistry of the two leads is great, I enjoy the supporting cast more, especially the Secretary and the Nazi sympathising playwright. Still prefer Young Frankenstein though.

17. Mr. Manna Bigger's rating of the film The Producers

Il film d'esordio di Mel Brooks è semplicemente incredibile. E' una commedia perfetta sotto tutti i punti di vista, esilarante a dir poco. Davvero un film da annali!

18. Elephants Gerald's rating of the film The Producers

It'd been a good 15 years since I watched this, and it does actually drag uneventfully for several stretches. It also embarrasses itself with dated sexism and homophobia. But you know what? Every few months I rewatch "Springtime for Hitler," and every time I laugh until I cry. And why nitpick something with these leads? With this fever pitch comic energy? With the funniest musical number ever committed to celluloid?

19. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Producers

20. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film The Producers

This is Mel Brooks' first film, and it's easily one of his best (if not, his absolute best). It's nothing less than a showcase of sheer comedic brilliance. The screenplay is delightfully daring and filled with countless unforgettable lines. And, of course, you have the incredibly hilarious performances of Zero Mostel, Gene Wilder and Kenneth Mars.

21. Ramzi's rating of the film The Producers

Incredible premise, very funny, superb acting and great musical numbers. A little dated in places and isn't laugh a minute.

22. muh.'s rating of the film The Producers

I was singing "Springtime for Hitler" the other day at work. I got odd looks.

23. João Rocha's rating of the film The Producers

24. James Mackin's rating of the film The Producers

One of my favourite movies of all time, a delightful piece of the failure of failure.