1. Aardsy's rating of the film The Prowler

2. El Biffo's rating of the film The Prowler

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Prowler

Un film de Joseph Losey rarement projeté sur les écrans de l'Hexagone, qui, sur les thèmes de l'appartenance et de l'apparence sociales comme vecteur de la réussite, propose une intéressante oeuvre de qualité... www.cinefiches.com

4. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film The Prowler

Buon noir di Losey: basso budget, grande caratterizzazione dei px. Gustoso

5. ZYNAB's rating of the film The Prowler

extremely seedy...the best dirty cop noir

6. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Prowler

7.9/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2hy

7. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film The Prowler

I can't believe more people haven't mention how great this film is!

8. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film The Prowler

Noir film by essence, a "perv flick" as James ELLROY says. In the credits : Evelyn KEYES, John HUSTON's wife. Assistant Director, Robert ALDRICH. Producer, Horizon Pictures owned by S.P. EAGLE (Sam SPIEGEL & John HUSTON), largest independent prod. cy who produced On the Waterfront, African Queen, Bridge on River Kwaï & Lawrence of Arabia.

9. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Prowler

Lo mejor de "El merodeador" es su primera parte, para cuando ese ambiente de la vigilancia llega del policía que seduce con ese sesgo malicioso, la mujer que vigila al marido, y el marido que hace lo mismo luego al asignar a su esposa como celadora de su programa radial. Losey es sugerente. Promueve personajes que guardan apariencias. Ya en su segunda parte se pierde esa vitalidad y emprende un giro criminal.

10. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Prowler

★★★★ some peeping toms are meaner than others.

11. Pulpwino's rating of the film The Prowler

Says Officer Garwood to Mrs. Gilvray: "So what? I'm no good, but I'm no worse than anybody else! If you work in a store, you knock down on the cash register, if you're the big boss, the income tax, if you're a ward heeler, you sell folks stuff, if you're a lawyer you take bribes. I'm a cop, so I used my gun, but whatever I did, I did for you!"

12. mjgildea's rating of the film The Prowler

When you consider it came out in 1951, The Prowler is a pretty messed up movie. Van Heflin and Evelyn Keyes are great together with grime and unruliness at every turn. One of the greatest (unknown) noirs ever.

13. Neither/Nor's rating of the film The Prowler

The threshold of discourse between the political and the cinematic is blurred here, with the worker criminal acting the entrepreneur and the failed bourgeois actress mobilizing domesticity. Strangely outré, near irreconcilable noir: hazards the allegorical in the last act, the adulterous couple retreating into the symbolic and actual ruins of the civil to deliver their child in a ghost town, a reward of ambivalence.

14. Rob Christopher's rating of the film The Prowler

Evelyn Keyes looks just like Maya Rudolph!

15. T. J. Harman's rating of the film The Prowler

Fantastic, unusual noir. Can't believe they got away with some of the topic matter in 1951. Van Heflin was great.

16. ryOtoha's rating of the film The Prowler

"The Dark Side of the American Dream"

17. Flying Dutchman's rating of the film The Prowler

Losey used Blacklisted Hollywood Ten scriptwriter Dalton Trumbo as the radio voice as a kind of protest.

18. Brian Padian's rating of the film The Prowler

19. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film The Prowler

Enigmatic film noir melodrama. A great creepy performance by Van Heflin and a tense story of psychological weirdness (it’s easy to see why James Ellroy considers this one of his favorite films), even if it is ultimately a bit underwhelming.

20. Pierre's rating of the film The Prowler

Just watched it again today. Like the commentaries say, it's different from the standard noir. Characters are the inverse of each other. The performances are really stunning and I'm glad that Losey and Ray were around to take the genre in different directions.