1. BobbyTee's rating of the film The Punk Singer

Kathleen got POWER personality, im very fascinated ! Best music documentary i have seen this year ! 3.5

2. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film The Punk Singer

3. cbadamz's rating of the film The Punk Singer

she's the queen of my world xo

4. zohen lux's rating of the film The Punk Singer

5. haginthecity's rating of the film The Punk Singer

6. mpho3's rating of the film The Punk Singer

"Hanna has a compelling story, and Anderson is clearly in awe of her subject. Although not an outright hagiography, her film has nothing in the way of dissent, which wouldn’t have been hard to come by.... She clearly intended for The Punk Singer to celebrate the life of a punk icon. A little more distance could have been beneficial, but The Punk Singer is enlightening regardless." Kyle Ryan, AV Club. 3.5 stars

7. traag-1's rating of the film The Punk Singer

The early Bikini Kill show footage really shows her raw power.

8. -REM-'s rating of the film The Punk Singer

9. meth_'s rating of the film The Punk Singer

Revolution grrl style nao

10. rachel collier's rating of the film The Punk Singer

Feminism!! Lyme's Disease prevention!! what?

11. Henrique Amud's rating of the film The Punk Singer

the world needs more of kathleen hanna and more kathleen hannas! more, more and more.

12. rllr's rating of the film The Punk Singer

Julie Ruin! Djeezes! I have been living under a rock!

13. adina's rating of the film The Punk Singer

14. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Punk Singer

Quality doc on Kathleen Hanna's influence on the riot grrrl movement with Le Tigre and Bratmobile.

15. Valentina Sanchez's rating of the film The Punk Singer

16. Mariana Vilhena's rating of the film The Punk Singer

kathleen hanna brings me the need to actually do something and not stay still

17. DisRegarding Henry's rating of the film The Punk Singer

Amazing portrait of one of the most electrifying performers of all time. Kathleen Hanna had a powerful message to impart and by using music as her platform she turned protest into celebration. Like her music, this film reminds us how exciting, thought provoking, and fun feminism really is, and what a creative inspiration it has been to so many women over the years. Never apologize for saying what needs to be said.

18. Mugino's rating of the film The Punk Singer

Like Hanna's music, this is a fecking invigorating jab of adrenaline to the heart. At the same time, there's a lovely symmetry between the riot grrrl rage and the gentle compassion that bookend this herstory. Anderson has captured a flash of Hanna's infectious will-power and drives. "Girls like us pick up the hot handles / and burn our hands and we get over it."

19. Ruby's rating of the film The Punk Singer

I think the mark of a good film is when you don't know what direction your life is going to take after watching ti

20. anarresti's rating of the film The Punk Singer

An interesting documentary about a central figure in the riot grrrl movement, the third wave of feminism and in the last 25 years of rock music. It gives a very personal, even emotional account of the life of Kathleen Hanna, using present day interviews and archive footage. It shows how rock/punk can be political and relevant and how feminism did not die or lose its relevance. Also how sadly punk gave way to electro.

21. Aida's rating of the film The Punk Singer

fuck, there were so many moments here that made me want to cry. just the self actualization kathleen propels in other women, including myself, is so awesome - i feel so intimately connected with the "what can be" that i become cognizant that my desires can actually materialize into reality. thanks kathleen.

22. Sarah Fonseca's rating of the film The Punk Singer

Who Took The Bomp: Le Tigre on Tour (2010) Is a great complement to this documentary if you're looking for a more nuanced perspective on the fizzling out of the third-wave music scene. Too many Kate Hannah fangirls and not enough critique in this documentary.

23. mad.lucas's rating of the film The Punk Singer

That's an important historical record about the whole Olympia scene! I wonder why it took so long to be done. The only weak links are the "now" parts, but the rest is flawless. A true gift for all fans of the Riot Grrrl movement.

24. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film The Punk Singer