1. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

Great documentary with a fabulous soundtrack!

2. mjmull's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

It invited me to reflect on excess in my own life but in a way that made me feel ugly rather than guilty. Excess as a human disease that some can manage better than others.

3. anesthesia romanova's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

4. lndah's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

An alternative way to look at 2008 economic crisis

5. Amelio Nicotera's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

6. taniaburrito's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

7. Daniel Riddle's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

Disturbingly entertaining...

8. David R Williams's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

I started out wanting to hate these people but by the end just felt sorry for them. That they both came from humble beginnings yet have forgotten what those beginnings were like says much about what sort of people they are. For example, Jackie asking the car rental car about "her driver". Really? Have you travelled so far from the real world? They are in the end pathetic and mindless.

9. caitiello's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

There's a lot in this movie that's an insightful meditation on what it means to be wealthy, to make money, to lose it but it's a little long and loses structure in the latter half. I found the parts with "normal" people (the nannies, employees, childhood friends, even the kids) speaking about their own experiences (with money or with the Siegels) more interesting than the Siegel couple themselves.

10. El Biffo's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

These people have millions of $$$ but they feed their kids crap McDonald's food and their pets die of neglect. The American Nightmare. One of their kids OD'd and died, too. Probably while they were out shopping.

11. jameswharper's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

Entertaining, often shocking documentary which takes the best and worst of reality television and drapes it in an overly ironic, arch style - one of them says something ridiculous, then cut to something else to make an even bigger mockery of it - that becomes repetitive by about the halfway stage. Worth watching and with a sad addendum that Victoria Siegel died of an overdose in 2014.

12. Brent Landon's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

In the end these incredibly rich people have all the same problems as the poor and middle class people their actions bankrupted. The American dream was purchased on credit, or "cheap money." The scene where the Filipino nanny gives you a tour of the playhouse she is allowed to live in - and grateful for - with their mansion in the background was absolutely heartbreaking.

13. noemi's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

ridiculously real; realistically ridiculous.

14. Linn's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

Appalling. How should one be able to formally criticize a documentary about such outrageously horrible people? I can't. But then, "The Queen of Versailles" only shows that good old Adorno was right: there is no right life in the wrong one. Addendum: After watching the film, I learned that one of the Siegel's daughters died of an overdose recently.

15. forksclovetofu's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

Watching this back to back with the first Republican Debate of 2015 caused me to scream at the television more than must be healthy. A portrait of unadulterated, banal evil that never quite satisfies and skates a bit too close to reality show eye-rolling and cheap exploitation. Damning but you'll feel dirty after.

16. mebbee's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

Not garish while subsequently documenting that very quality. Unflinching and fair - does not make fun of an easily facile, absurd subject.

17. lrawren@umich.edu's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

unbelievable! america as a consumptive beast. so cleverly done

18. l's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

The Sims (with the money cheats on) in real life, featuring: tacky new money with hoarding tendencies! A boring, pervy rich guy who even admits to clandestinely getting Bush II elected! Spoiled rotten and poorly socialized children of all ages! Dead pets! And last but not least, a Filipina nanny forced to dress up as a reindeer! Great fodder for students in an ‘intro to economics’ class.

19. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

20. Sarune Adminaite-Mendoza's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

21. noahboahk's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

every once in a while I need a slap in the face to realize what I'm doing wrong with my life.

22. ara's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

23. dudewiththeface's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

Fascinating to watch, frustrating and heartbreaking simultaneously.

24. Valentina Sanchez's rating of the film The Queen of Versailles

harsh reality of the cheap money game and learning to live within your means....