1. Matthew Martens's rating of the film The Quiet Earth

If having the world pulled out from under you ever loses its power to disorient and decenter you, well, you'll know you've achieved terminal jadedness--the world may as well not exist for you anyway. Thematically pat but blessedly underwritten, TQE's uncanniness resides, to a large degree, in its mid-'80s New Zealand milieu, which, even populated, would split the difference between the familiar and the foreign.

2. Pymo's rating of the film The Quiet Earth

1, 2 r 3. I was always alone.

3. Joel's rating of the film The Quiet Earth

Continuing my recent spell of watching little known apocalyptic film (and another dig into New Zealand cinema) finds me watching this well set up but ultimately a bit campy exploration into the final days of earth. The usual opening of desolate landscapes and an abandoned world are well crafted but the further plot developments limit the films ultimate value to me.

4. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film The Quiet Earth

5. saitosouta's rating of the film The Quiet Earth

I'm glad that all these people see this amazingly beautiful, devastatingly heartbreaking SF (not much in Japan because of only VHS...) I can't forever forget this last sequence, landscape and impressively loud orchestra. So wondrous.

6. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film The Quiet Earth

A film of three acts, in which each act becomes progressively weaker. The atmospheric, darkly comic last man on earth fantasy of the first is great; the Adam & Eve in the new Eden frolic of the second is fun if insignificant; the mystical love triangle finale is just frustrating. A film that always seems on the cusp of something (a clue, a revelation, a feeling), but continually denies the audience anything concrete.

7. vladd's rating of the film The Quiet Earth

one of the best end-of-the-world movies out there. australia knows how to do it

8. filipequintans's rating of the film The Quiet Earth

Pós-apocalítpico maravilhoso.

9. Smooj Betty Phace's rating of the film The Quiet Earth

It was alright, I suppose. They managed to squeeze some psychological drama inside the sci-fi premise, which was surprising.

10. Damian's rating of the film The Quiet Earth

11. Taylor Geddes's rating of the film The Quiet Earth

12. Risya's rating of the film The Quiet Earth

My rate: 55% - Had some promise at the beginning of the film but then it took a quick turn to ambiguity that was harshly under-explained that seemed to drag on and on for me and the muddled ending left me underwhelmed. I wish there were more explanations behind the disappearance of the whole human population!

13. Norman1706's rating of the film The Quiet Earth

14. A:A's rating of the film The Quiet Earth

The still is a bit of a spoiler, sadly - the next to last frame of the film...

15. traag-1's rating of the film The Quiet Earth

quiet but effective post-apocalyptic 80's flick

16. Weena Eloi's rating of the film The Quiet Earth

A profound sci-fi cinematic journey. Unfairly relegated to semi-obscurity by lack of attention over the years, this film is worthy of a large, legitimate cult following. I highly recommend it.