1. James Mackin's rating of the film The Quiet Family

2. film_lies101's rating of the film The Quiet Family

I love Miike's take on the same material, but the political undertones and stinging satire make this the preferred version for me.

3. Martin's rating of the film The Quiet Family

4. comeandsee's rating of the film The Quiet Family

Brilliantly crafted and composed as Kim Jee-woon shows his incredible range once again. The balance of the pure comedy and the darker subject matter is masterfully conveyed. I would even say I prefer this version to Miike's as I feel that Kim comes at it from a perspective of being a director who inclines more to comedy.

5. Mic in Port's rating of the film The Quiet Family

A genesis of this contemporary Korean Wave of cinema; a straight-for-the-heart black comedy commanded wonderfully by Kim Ji-woon. Classic mix of psychological absurdity and dead-pan comedy, and sometimes you might not even notice the director's subtlety and awareness. Must-see SK film starring two of its greatest actors.

6. Zeckery Devid Wetson's rating of the film The Quiet Family

What a hilarious film. The absurdity of this black comedy had me both squinting and chuckling at the same time. Loved it.

7. Emery Snyder's rating of the film The Quiet Family

Really wasn't expecting to hear "Los Tres Delincuentes" by The Delinquent Habits to be the opening song of the title credits.... Kind of awesome. I definitely still like Miike's remake better, but this one's totally worth a watch.

8. Tyler Aikens's rating of the film The Quiet Family

The reason Miike's remake, The Happiness of the Katakuris, works so much better than this film is because it is so overly ridiculous and melodramatic and whimsical that the unbelievable luck this absolutely mad family has seems to make sense in their over-the-top world. The Quiet Family, however, takes itself far too seriously for such a mad cap comedy, allowing me to scoff more than I laughed.

9. Andhika Eka Buana's rating of the film The Quiet Family

Kim Jee-woon first feature. Not as poetic as A Bittersweet Life, or as tragic as A Tale of Two Sisters, and not as cool as The Good, The Bad, and The Weird. But still, this is Kim Jee-woon. only he could dare make a supposedly scary story into a grim dark comedy !