1. jhubbs's rating of the film The Red Shoes

Such colors! Plot is thematically complete but suffers from an overlong runtime. Some of the acting is too Old Hollywood dramatic, although the film feels well ahead of its time (1948!). Several shots are jaw-dropping, particularly in the extended ballet sequence. Walbrook steals the show as Lermontov.

2. Chearth's rating of the film The Red Shoes

3. Eric Rucker's rating of the film The Red Shoes

Seen at the 2018 Nitrate Picture Show. Review forthcoming.

4. hubertguillaud's rating of the film The Red Shoes

Formidable conte, qui met en abîme la tyrannie de la passion et les choix que les autres font pour soi, à l'image de ces chaussons rouges qui poussent celle qui les portent à ne pas arrêter de danser. Couleurs, décors, costumes subliment le conte et le ballet, qui se prolongent jusque dans les scènes actuelles dont le côté un peu désuet deviennent un élément du conte à leur tour. Magique.

5. Josh's rating of the film The Red Shoes

So sumptuous you feel like you're sinking into it like a deep, soft, velvet armchair, but you know, with your eyeballs.

6. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Red Shoes

7. aybala.d's rating of the film The Red Shoes

8. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Red Shoes

Beautifully produced ballerina drama-tragedy inspired by a H.C. Andersen fairytale that spellbound with it's magic dance sequences and a fascinating "Behind the scenes" story. Anton Walbrook is excellent as a demanding and selfish maestro who sees ballet as religion. Moira Shearer does one of the best debuts on film ever and is memorable with her red-flamed hair. A masterpiece.

9. jewelsofglory's rating of the film The Red Shoes

The editing was really the only thing I enjoyed about the film. I feel it’s quite overrated, yet it is quite the spectacle and a technological marvel.

10. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Red Shoes

11. Walker's rating of the film The Red Shoes

To be watched over and over again.

12. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Red Shoes

The most difficult aspect of this film for me was watching the professor. I had an instant deep hatred for him and his arrogance.

13. Al Sampedro's rating of the film The Red Shoes

Cinema+Ballet+Magic== Masterpiece

14. Noëlle's rating of the film The Red Shoes

This really made an impact on me as a youngster

15. Aardsy's rating of the film The Red Shoes

Uncomfortable to see so much of myself on screen.

16. ammar's rating of the film The Red Shoes

17. sadie's rating of the film The Red Shoes

18. Diogo Xará's rating of the film The Red Shoes

19. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Red Shoes

The first time I heard this movie - is when read Martin Scorsese's favorite movie list in film magazine. I was curious about this movie. THE RED SHOES is exciting, beautifully shot, and it's a terrific drama about tragedy. I loved the way Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger directed this movie & loved its color selection. My favorite scene is the The Red Shoes dance scene. I felt this movie is a little bit overlong

20. Barrett.'s rating of the film The Red Shoes

Stunning. Powell & Pressburger. Jack Cardiff & Technicolor. Somehow JC wasn't nominated for Best Cinematography, the biggest Oscar travesty of them all... and the list is long. I also find it interesting that Moira Shearer didn't even want the role, didn't get along with Powell and thought the Red Shoes story was nonsense. You wouldn't think that judging by her performance - fully committed and a great dancer.

21. kit duckworth's rating of the film The Red Shoes

to see this on nitrate was a once in a life time experience that i will forever cherish!

22. pluviosity's rating of the film The Red Shoes

I was surprised on who actually wear the red shoes. Because at the end, it's more than one life that became its toll.

23. ginobartolomi's rating of the film The Red Shoes

24. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Red Shoes

A quite stunning and rare bird, that triumphs on all levels: thematic and technical. The central cliche of the plucky ingenue is here transformed into a beautiful tradegy coloured and textured with the most wonderful and eccentric hues around notions of obsession, devotion and artistry. The Ballet of The Red Shoes alone is a masterpiece of expressionistic art if one recklessly ignored the superb structural story.