1. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film The Red Turtle

I was huge fan of him ... but if I have to tell the truth this is not a good movie at all. Firstly story is not strong and it contains predictable final ..secondly character animation looks like a rotoscope without facial expression .and it becomes boring after a while... I was expecting extraordinary film from this talented person.His short films has more creativity than this feature film.

2. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Red Turtle

3. Laïla Poché's rating of the film The Red Turtle

Animation was beautiful. Story was VERY disappointing. So much potential to make a beautiful fantasy, instead they made it a basic boy meets girl & starts a family story...blagh

4. Matthew's rating of the film The Red Turtle

Perhaps if he'd killed it in a fit of pique I'd be more understanding, but he left it to bake in the sun while he built the raft that was never going to save him as the turtle struggled in the background. Abuse of animals is evil, and I guess I don't care if it's just a conceit in service of a larger metaphor about life, it puts me in a foul mood, so fuck it. Violence in nature docs I can handle, but that's not this.

5. anarresti's rating of the film The Red Turtle

A sensibility shared both with "Princess Mononoko" and the best stranded-in-a-island narratives. As usual with Studio Ghibli's productions, the visual narrative is quite awesome. There is an universality as much as a simplicity appeal that really moved me. And no, I will no say a word about the story: enjoy it unspoiled.

6. NicoIlGermanico's rating of the film The Red Turtle

7. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film The Red Turtle

This was not the haunting, existential revelation I had been led to believe it would be. It was, however, a simple, yet elegant and folkloric film. An ideal antidote to overstuffed and extravagant family film fare that crowds cinemas today.

8. RumbleFish's rating of the film The Red Turtle

Un film animato ad acquerelli senza dialoghi deve darmi molto di più di 4 granchietti per essere sopportabile. Molto bello, per i primi 5 minuti.

9. babycakesromero's rating of the film The Red Turtle

jaw dropping visuals, another stunner from gibli altho i did have a little issue with the sharp turn half way thru movie and as much as i tried to get over it I couldn't, much like the turtle who once turned upside down cannot right itself.

10. Harriehhh's rating of the film The Red Turtle

Cut to: silent weeping as the credits roll.

11. Matthew Martens's rating of the film The Red Turtle

Pretty much the perfect film to watch after Thanksgiving, as I did, surrounded by an initially dubious but eventually won-over and teary-eyed extended family, for whom, I think, the sudden replacement of a red turtle with a female human worked better than it did for me. While I wasn't unmoved by the parable of fragile, fleeting intimacy that developed, I had expected wilder wonders.

12. luís debonoir's rating of the film The Red Turtle

The no dialogue choice was perfect. Drawing is beautiful, but my favourite aspect was the colouring, which is probably on the best I've seen in animation. The fantastic dimension didn't feel to anchor into something consistent, and I personally wished the tone was just a bit less light-hearted. There's an inner peace that comes with this film, though, that drew me into a very pleasant meditative state while watching.

13. Linda's rating of the film The Red Turtle

beautiful and moving. I need to rewatch it tho, I was slightly intoxicated while watching. I was infuriated about the whole story that he (SPOILER) killed the turtle and it then turns into a woman who becomes his wifes. like I said, need to rewatch, but from a feminist perspective, I was just disgusted.. STILL stunningly beautiful.

14. Skinnedteen's rating of the film The Red Turtle

Mystical! The tone, colours, characters, plot is so calm and quiet yet so powerful and moving!

15. chi.claud's rating of the film The Red Turtle

16. MisterColo93's rating of the film The Red Turtle

17. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Red Turtle

Great story. I think it could have been a bit more subtle with the music. The colors were so lush it was a bit intoxicating.

18. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film The Red Turtle

19. Jacques de Villiers's rating of the film The Red Turtle

If I want a meditation on the transience of life, then Ozu does this kind of thing better. If I want a meditation on the relationship between human beings and the environment, then Patricia Guzman's recent movies delve deeper, not to mention dozens of other filmmakers mining that territory. What makes this worth watching is the medium-specific take on those themes, how the animation gushes us in and out of life.

20. Iulia Nov's rating of the film The Red Turtle

посидим, помедитируем animație/meditație

21. Chichago_'s rating of the film The Red Turtle

A very moving film that depicts life in a simple way. I particularly love the scene in which it portrays the idea of moving on in life. In addition, the grainy texture and muted colours of the animation beautifully enhance the mood of the film.

22. bloodcurdlingsameness's rating of the film The Red Turtle

When I wasn't busy gawking at the animation, I was getting kicked in the guts: gorgeous, mesmerizing, and heartbreaking.

23. André Bernardo's rating of the film The Red Turtle