1. Harriehhh's rating of the film The Red Turtle

Cut to: silent weeping as the credits roll.

2. Matthew Martens's rating of the film The Red Turtle

Pretty much the perfect film to watch after Thanksgiving, as I did, surrounded by an initially dubious but eventually won-over and teary-eyed extended family, for whom, I think, the sudden replacement of a red turtle with a female human worked better than it did for me. While I wasn't unmoved by the parable of fragile, fleeting intimacy that developed, I had expected wilder wonders.

3. luís debonoir's rating of the film The Red Turtle

The no dialogue choice was perfect. Drawing is beautiful, but my favourite aspect was the colouring, which is probably on the best I've seen in animation. The fantastic dimension didn't feel to anchor into something consistent, and I personally wished the tone was just a bit less light-hearted. There's an inner peace that comes with this film, though, that got me into a sort of meditative state while watching.

4. Linda's rating of the film The Red Turtle

beautiful and moving. cried 4 times, ergo 4 stars ;)

5. Skinnedteen's rating of the film The Red Turtle

Mystical! The tone, colours, characters, plot is so calm and quiet yet so powerful and moving!

6. chi.claud's rating of the film The Red Turtle

7. MisterColo93's rating of the film The Red Turtle

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Red Turtle

Great story. I think it could have been a bit more subtle with the music. The colors were so lush it was a bit intoxicating.

9. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film The Red Turtle

10. Jacques de Villiers's rating of the film The Red Turtle

If I want a meditation on the transience of life, then Ozu does this kind of thing better. If I want a meditation on the relationship between human beings and the environment, then Patricia Guzman's recent movies delve deeper, not to mention dozens of other filmmakers mining that territory. What makes this worth watching is the medium-specific take on those themes, how the animation gushes us in and out of life.

11. Iulia Nov's rating of the film The Red Turtle

посидим, помедитируем animație/meditație

12. Chichago_'s rating of the film The Red Turtle

A very moving film that depicts life in a simple way. I particularly love the scene in which it portrays the idea of moving on in life. In addition, the grainy texture and muted colours of the animation beautifully enhance the mood of the film.

13. bloodcurdlingsameness's rating of the film The Red Turtle

When I wasn't busy gawking at the animation, I was getting kicked in the guts: gorgeous, mesmerizing, and heartbreaking.

14. André Bernardo's rating of the film The Red Turtle

15. Trailblazer, LLC.'s rating of the film The Red Turtle

16. Matt Richards's rating of the film The Red Turtle

Just stunning!! A love note to nature with such a refreshingly adult attitude towards death and the cycle of life. The attention to detail around light and colour is phenomenal. I found the music a little mismatched in parts but on the whole I thought it all worked beautifully to create an emotional world that lingers. 4.5 stars Recommended

17. Pedderrs's rating of the film The Red Turtle

This is a superb minimalistic offering from the talented guys over at Studio Ghibli. No lines of dialogue, no backstory provided, and much of what happens is open to numerous interpretations. The animation is stunning and only matched by Laurent Perez Del Mar's overwhelmingly beautiful original score. The abstract nature of The Red Turtle may alienate some viewers but the investment is well worth it in the end.

18. Eric Ortiz García's rating of the film The Red Turtle

19. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Red Turtle

Sensational animation, kooky cast-away narrative with some lovely sequences. However, the final shot evoked incredulous laughter rather than desired profundity - the film un/wittingly infers bestiality; this is never a good look, especially considering how the rest of the tale reflects Blake's 'Songs of Innocence' poetry.

20. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film The Red Turtle

I confess I found this slightly disappointing, having set huge expectations. The animation is gorgeous, but having spent time building up its world, it ultimately drifts without purpose - perhaps there was an allegory that I missed?

21. jooley's rating of the film The Red Turtle

Not for everyone, but if you can look past the excruciatingly slow pace, this can be a very beautiful, transporting piece of animation.

22. edpwilson's rating of the film The Red Turtle

keep thinking about moments from this - moments that would spoil the film if I mentioned them - but they stay with you. I think you can watch this at any milestone in your life and it will speak to you. For me, I can't think of these scenes without feeling a longing for something. But there is a multitude of feelings, moments so true to life that they end up staying with you as memories do.

23. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film The Red Turtle

so we're all just gonna ignore the fact this guy kills and then has sex with a turtle????

24. Blue Roses's rating of the film The Red Turtle