1. Landen Celano's rating of the film The Reef

Well-made, but not particularly good?

2. msmichel's rating of the film The Reef

Serviceable shark tale based on a true story that finds a group of friends stranded in the ocean, miles from shore, trying to survive as a shark picks them off one by one. Suspenseful at times with characters that start to wear out their welcome after a brief time. Though it never comes to the point where one begins to cheer for the shark..it comes close.

3. Bob's rating of the film The Reef

Less is more falls short with this one since there's no scene memorable enough to revisit unlike some other similar, in fact, inferior films. What it does bring is realism without monsters but rather animals in their natural environment, there are no corrupted officials or larger than life characters; there's only a simple premise and razor sharp tension, unique enough to set the new standard for shark attack movies.

4. vordven's rating of the film The Reef

5. babycakesromero's rating of the film The Reef

6. Max the Movie Guy's rating of the film The Reef

What I hate about this movie is that they took the true story of a man whose friends got attacked by a shark and turned the finale into a giant, overdone cliche.

7. CVH's rating of the film The Reef

Rated 'The Reef' 3 out of 5 stars. COMMENTS: Smart, suspenseful Aussie shark thriller. Starts off somewhat slow but once we dive into the third act, it moves like a bullet.

8. HKFanatic's rating of the film The Reef

Another fine creature feature from Andrew Traucki. This feels like an even more assured and confident film coming off his debut "Black Water." Traucki knows how to write an economic set-up; gets convincingly terrified performances out of his actors; and utilizes real animals in lieu of computer-generated monsters or gore. It's refreshing.

9. Xurxo G Penalta's rating of the film The Reef

fine addition to the "jawnera">very economic execution>quickly achieves tension and maintains it through out>hard to tell how the shark scenes where done, no obvious effects>

10. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Reef

From time to time, I'm fooled by a trailer. After a disappointing experience, I also always solemnly swear that I won't get fooled again. Infantile dialogues and shots of the deep blue sea characterize The Reef directed by Andrew Traucki. It seems that the director used here real sharks but they are not scary at all. However, I understand the actors who refused to swim in the company of a great white shark. Crap.