1. msmichel's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

A favourite from the eighties that hasn't aged all that well though remains a cult classic to many. O'Bannon's direction rides the line between horror and comedy quite well and the majority of the practical effects still look good. The oft kilter performances add to the mix with interesting turns by Gulager, Calfa and especially James Karen.

2. Skinnedteen's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

It is all kinds of wrong that it is so right.

3. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

One of the finest purely entertaining horror-laced comedy films ever. It's vibrant with laughs and creative momentum that both parodies the zombie genre and forwards it in terms of energy and humorous wit. Funnier than Re-Animator in laughs, and nearly as manically excessive. It has even less characterization and dramatic depth, but it's faultless and top tier in what it sets out to do. Midnight movie brilliance.

4. samuele90's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

5. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

The staging is both expectedly and unexpectedly minimal, with the action mostly being restricted to a couple of locations (typical for a zombie movie, but not necessarily a zombie comedy). The movie also complements its genre as far as the way the zombie phenomenon is rooted in militarism, which results in an ending modeled on that of Dr. Strangelove. Still, it executes itself with unexpected restraint.

6. Vasco Bação's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

I had a blast. There's a certain brilliance in how the film blends its stiff, cartoonish sense of humour with genuinely scary moments. Also admired how it made the most out of its stupid premise, getting better while going all the way - no development too dreadful or absurd to be shown.

7. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

8. thelastronaut's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

I have always wanted to dress up as Ernie the embalmer for Halloween. I'm just worried I'd spend all night explaining my costume. But then I'd meet that one person who would recognize the costume and we would become friends forever, or at least until the zombies rise from the dead!

9. James Mackin's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

Despite having some of the strangest zombies to have been put to film, this is arguably the most fun zombie film ever made.

10. Warren Spratley's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

Though persistently over-the-top on paper, O'Bannon's surprisingly nuanced, Hawksian directing pushes many scenes to play out more relaxedly than the viewer expects. His frames persistently have multiple planes of action, & the acting is full of unexpectedly subtle, touching gestural details. At times, a shot overwhelms by way of symmetrical beauty as when the entire police department meets its collective demise.

11. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

7 - That rarest of breeds; a lovingly-crafted spoof that stands on its own two feet, all while pushing the genre it's parodying forward.

12. Nathan Silva's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

Zombies, 80's punk rock, naked girl dancing over a tomb, comedy. I mean, could I ask for more?

13. Graham Ball's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

Brilliant 80s horror... Ah the memories... I had the Vestron video release poster on my wall... Definitely 3.5/3.75 stars... Come on Mubi - please grant us more flexibility around rating films...

14. Pymo's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

15. theironstove's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

so many clever little layers and details.. its own well-balanced logic and dynamics all the way through! so neatly funny, and insightful. i love it. can't believe i hadn't seen it before..

16. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

A fun and zany zombie comedy with a righteous soundtrack. The acting is hammy and all over the place and the effects are suitably hokey. While the narrative drags in places and the comedy and horror aspect misses the mark sometimes, the movie still works. Worth your time if managed to miss this one!

17. Jon Brooks's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

FUCKING great man. It's a guilty pleasure.

18. JackButcher's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

very camp, very 80s, punk rock zombie flick.

19. Matthew Horvath's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

All-American Punk Rock Tits-and-Ass Zombie Mayhem! Beautifully designed with hilarious comic book-like characters. My favorite zombie flick. "Tar Man" is E.C. Comics-Resurrectus!

20. Graham Duncan Hill's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

Far better than I remembered. It always helps when people fighting zombies have seen zombie films. The postmodern humour makes this of the best zombie films ever made.

21. Martika Ramirez Escobar's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

I never thought i'd like this movie. Most parts of it were annoyingly hilarious but overall it was entertaining. I find this better than Return of the living dead 2

22. Mister Dob's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

RotLD is a gory nostalgia party for me, possibly the first film I called my favourite.

23. Junda Mane's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead

Just finished a horror double viewing sesh with both this & Night of the Demons. Fun was indeed had.

24. Henrique Amud's rating of the film The Return of the Living Dead