1. Juan Leal's rating of the film The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

2. twiggymoo's rating of the film The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

I remember studying this poem and school and not even managing to get halfway through it as it was very long and narration heavy. Luckily, the brilliant combination of Wells' masterful oration, Dore's stark artwork juxtaposed with Jordan's whimsical animation style and soundtrack produce a film that left me pleasantly uncomfortable and on the edge of my seat, filled with awe. Certainly made the poem more enjoyable.

3. Motan's rating of the film The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Another poem by Coleridge was recently adapted by American animator Joan C.Gratz: "Kubla Khan" (2011). http://www.laika.com/details.php?id=388

4. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

5. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

My first exposure to this beautiful poem and I couldn't have asked for a better rendition. Orson Welles does a great job narrating and the music that accomanies the Gustave Dore's engravings, fits wonderfully. Larry Jordan's animation was sparse and unobtrusive, which is a pity becuase I enjoy his style and would have liked to have seen more animation than just colour changes, resulting in a very pretty slideshow.

6. Cavale's rating of the film The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Really gave life to the timeless poem.

7. WhiteHare's rating of the film The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

I never thought synthesizer sound is a nice accompaniment to Coleridge and Dore...

8. Kenji's rating of the film The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Very evocative presentation of the famous long poem, Coleridge, Doré, Welles and Jordan, a bunch of romantics.