1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Rite

Une oeuvre totalement épurée, qui va à l'essentiel dans une incessante et austère réflexion / méditation sur l'art, la vie, Dieu, l'angoisse, la métaphysique... www.cinefiches.com

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Rite

"Hey, Mom! What's on TV tonight?" "Just a little movie about some actors who had to deal with a mean judge." Better than most TV movies, Bergman pushes the limit and exposes the hypocrisy of the judicial system. Karma is a bitch.

3. bagno's rating of the film The Rite

4. Diderot's rating of the film The Rite

An overlooked minimalist masterpiece about the relationship between acting and real life. Turns out it's all just pretend, which sucks for everybody.

5. Lance L O T's rating of the film The Rite

I have a problem with Bergman, there's very few films I like, even though I have watched hardly any, I know I sound like a FoxNews commentator, still it is a film where the lines of the narrative are very hard to separate and that would usually be a compliment, here it becomes so in your face/intense,it forces me to withdraw from the film, as in many Nouvelle Vague...I'm not cinema critic, but it must be my problem.

6. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film The Rite

Like "A Midsummer Night's Dream" for depressed perverts

7. Coelho's rating of the film The Rite

8. Juliana Senra's rating of the film The Rite

9. fat_aleksey's rating of the film The Rite

10. La quinta luna's rating of the film The Rite

11. Samuel T.'s rating of the film The Rite

Three artists turn the tables on an inquisitive lawyer via a demented endgame that plays out not unlike Hour of the Wolf. Undoubtably Bergman, but unfortunately lacks the psychological depths of his preceding masterpieces of the 60's. Ingrid is ravishing....

12. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film The Rite

Un Bergman sperimentale e meraviglioso come al solito si interroga sul valore dell'arte e sui limiti imposti dalla censura e dalla morale.Tre personaggi(emblemi dei vari aspetti dell'arte stessa) indissolubilmente uniti,che raggiungono il culmine solo nel vertice della loro unione.Camera fissa,linguaggio drammatico,interpretazioni coinvolgenti,finale enorme.Il fatto che fosse destinato alla tv fa riflettere parecchio

13. David M.K.'s rating of the film The Rite

I never in my wildest dreams imagined that a large black strap-on dildo would make an appearance in an Ingmar Bergman film. Unfortunately, this film still can't get it up.