1. kartina obskura's rating of the film The Ritual

how gracefully camera moves and a complex relation of two lonely souls is depicted in refined details, physical and emotional pain expressed with music (singing overlaps with moans, drums with screams) and often silence. the silence surrounding the event, the loneliness, the pain is broken with the ending and one look away was enough to bring the final punch. now we shift from her to his tears.

2. Traum Baum's rating of the film The Ritual

3,5 The first half is yawn, but the second is on fire.

3. Samuel T.'s rating of the film The Ritual

4. Ruia's rating of the film The Ritual

The way Kasaravalli illustrates caste dynamics with such furnished emotional subtlety is great to see amidst the wide array of films that aim to exploit rather than provide discourse. He frames everything from casteism to misogyny within the walls of a rotting Brahmin community in a way that doesn't unrealistically dehumanize its perpetrators to therefore ignore the normalcy with which they exist in society.

5. Richie Abraham's rating of the film The Ritual

This is my favourite Kasaravalli, one of my top two or three favourite indian films. An awe inspiring austere style in the mould of bresson. The ending is heart wrenching.

6. 張大智's rating of the film The Ritual

Subtle and lacerating. One of the best child performances I've seen. Nature is depicted beautifully, and it's wonderful and incredibly sad that in the end Yamunakka has it as her only home.

7. Yuki Aditya's rating of the film The Ritual

this sounds like my kind of movie