1. Almonds's rating of the film The Road Home

I liked Yimou`s patience with his characters, how he makes no haste with uniting the protagonists, showing how the feeling, that started growing between them from the very first time they saw each other, just has had to await its realization with same diligence with which the school was built. But I got the feeling that he wanted to squeeze emotions too much in repeating scenes of her running with exalted music

2. Richard Bolisay's rating of the film The Road Home

First saw this film years ago in college. And seeing it again now makes me miss that time of my life. I can't help but also miss the complex simplicity of Zhang Yimou's early films, the unabashed sentimentality, the warmth, the "smallness," the tender rendering of life and love. Zhang Ziyi is luminous.

3. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Road Home

Another wonderful little film from Zhang Yimou, this one shows the affect of a teacher on one small community, and the relationship that developed between him (Zheng Hao) and a local girl (Zhang Ziyi). Told in flashback after the death of a main character, this is sweet and moving for patient viewers.

4. Alex Doca's rating of the film The Road Home

The story is a bit too melodramatic for my taste, but the plot is well composed and doesn't feel rushed despite the short length of the film. Cinematographically speaking, this film is a masterpiece.

5. Philip Spencer's rating of the film The Road Home

Sentimental yes, but genuinely affecting. A well-made film and Ziyi Zhang is exquisite.

6. Hayley&Colin's rating of the film The Road Home

7. patrick chen's rating of the film The Road Home

Something so simple, but yet so beautiful. The human heart is a story that never gets tired, and it can be told in many shapes and forms.

8. stevesher1951's rating of the film The Road Home

Simple story but beautifully told and filmed

9. ijol's rating of the film The Road Home

Like enjoying some warm soup in a snowy village.

10. pandakuma's rating of the film The Road Home

11. pezfelinoespia's rating of the film The Road Home

Bonita historia de amor, acepto que logro emocionarme, se que cuesta creer que ocurran historias como esta, pero para eso esta el cine... hacer creible lo increible, me gusto mucho la fotografia, además es bonito ver tradiciones de otras culturas, creo que le dos 4 estrellas porque fue una muy grata sorpresa, además de ser la primera película vista con una gran mujer, casualidad no lo creo :P

12. Odile~'s rating of the film The Road Home

De lo mejor que he visto enamoramiento y amor. Preciosa.

13. keane's rating of the film The Road Home

14. the.deft.one's rating of the film The Road Home

Retrospective romance, love’s eternal enduring qualities, the precedence of honour and the strength of family set against a backdrop of cultural change. As ever with Zhang it’s visually impressive with striking oranges and reds featuring amongst the gorgeous rural landscapes. It’s heart is firmly in the right place but the emotional pull isn’t quite as strong as in Happy Times and Not One Less.

15. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film The Road Home

This is a film that takes you deep into the life and traditions of a Chinese village. Really beautiful.

16. Mary Anne Magajes's rating of the film The Road Home

THIS IS THE NON-EPIC,MELODRAMATIC FILM.

17. Addiena of Mubi land's rating of the film The Road Home

This movie is where I cried most of my tears over films. Appalling & amazing cinematography.

18. VENIMOS LOS JODIMOS Y NOS FUIMOS's rating of the film The Road Home

Entre las virtudes de este film de Yimou destacan una puesta en escena, bastante sencilla pero muy efectiva, algunos apuntes interesantes (la oposiciòn entre tradiciòn y modernidad, por ejemplo), pero sobre todo, la mirada del director, quien evita los lugares comunes ò lacrimogenos de una historia romantica, por lo que el resultado es, por momentos, muy emotivo. Debut de la joven y reconocida actriz Ziyi Zhang.