1. Didier Pigeon-Perreault's rating of the film The Rock

2. Ryan327's rating of the film The Rock

3. Marija Sajekaitė's rating of the film The Rock

Probably the first and the last good movie by Michael Bay.

4. Elena Lazic's rating of the film The Rock

5. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film The Rock

6. Ethan's rating of the film The Rock

This was when Michael Bay was good. This is how you make an action blockbuster.

7. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film The Rock

8. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Rock

The point where it occurred to me that I could not name a single Connery film I truly loved, or even liked. Not much to say about Bay-- his films defy critical engagement, like soap bubbles drifting over the kitchen sink.

9. Andrew Weaver's rating of the film The Rock

The only thing topping the well executed idea of individual morality in state service is the dominating charisma between Cage and Connery, especially when pitted against Harris. Incredible performances and direction, a perfect action movie.

10. NHassan's rating of the film The Rock

Michael Bay's finest work.

11. Nathan Grey Hollis's rating of the film The Rock

12. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film The Rock

1996, dir. MICHAEL BAY - 7.5/10 (USA)

13. film_lies101's rating of the film The Rock

14. SlinkyLi's rating of the film The Rock

A modern classic of the American Action genre. Detractors' only knowledge of taste is the boom boom they're full of.

15. emichan's rating of the film The Rock

honestly. This is the best movie from Michael Bay

16. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Rock

A big, dumb, relentless thriller that is most likely Bay's best film to date. The salvation of the film comes from Cage & Connery, whose performances and back-and-forth banter are entertaining on their own. But when they're absent, the film sinks into stupidity and cliche.

17. Blumes's rating of the film The Rock

18. Invagination's rating of the film The Rock

A movie where Nick Cage silly-serious acting actually works

19. Zach Laney's rating of the film The Rock

20. Don't Get Nasty Brother's rating of the film The Rock

Plano esquemático del cine de acción del final de los 90 y principios de la siguiente década que ya empieza a mostrar signos de caducidad. Un clásico instantáneo. Imposible creer que ya tenga 13 años.

21. doublelife91's rating of the film The Rock

Some engaging banter between Connery and Cage and memorable one-liners make this film bearable to watch.

22. lukewarneke's rating of the film The Rock

What a stupid movie. I say that going in with an open mind, I had no malice toward Bay as I've seen none of his works (purposefully), but when I had the chance to see this in theaters and had heard it had some merit from even his critics, I bit. What a stupid fucking movie. I like Nic Cage and who doesn't like/enjoy/is amused by Sean Connery, but they couldn't save it. What a fucking stupid movie.

23. Sean's rating of the film The Rock

This movie is so silly and bad, Sean Connery is a bad ass though

24. Jonathan De La Rosa's rating of the film The Rock

I've been a fool for praising this movie. I re-watched it some months ago, and it is shit. Amusing shit, but shit. At least it's nowhere near as painful as Bay's later crimes against human creativity, but really, that's like saying that several cracked ribs aren't as bad as a power drill to the testicles.