1. James Mackin's rating of the film The Rose

Everybody was taking another little piece of her heart yeah baby, and she only had so much to give. Bette Midler fucking kills it.

2. Rocco's rating of the film The Rose

Fascinating, if only to see a less manicured (and hairier) version of the Bette who would become such a mega-watt star. She still shines, but there’s a weary, earthy gravitas on display here that’s quite unlike the world-class musical comedienne we’ve come to know and love.

3. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Rose

4. FISCHER's rating of the film The Rose

Bette Midler interprète le rôle de ce personnage hors du commun, sous le nom de Rose, et parvient à une exceptionnelle performance d'actrice. Sur un scénario des plus intéressants, Mark Rydell parvient parfaitement à traduire l'état de surexcitation permanente que provoque le stress d'un succès mal contenu... www.cinefiches.com

5. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Rose

I enjoyed my tone-deaf father passionately singing along, knowing every word of every lyric and stage monologue, showing me the goosebumps on his forearm. It was a great experience watching it with him, but you will never see me watching it by myself.