1. THE APOLL0's rating of the film The Ruins

Bunch of Yuppies get killed for being stupid, pretty good horror material

2. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film The Ruins

3. Gustavo Razera's rating of the film The Ruins

Utterly ordinary cinematically, but an interesting exercise in adaptation: the author of the source material wrote a screenplay which changes even the personality of most characters, not to mention some of the deaths, all the while creating a new ending, preventing it from being predictable for those who have read the book.

4. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Ruins

Accomplished for using its silly killer-plant concept and playing it straight, and even making the horror uncomfortable and gut-wrenching. The setup is simple and the plot is non-complicated, giving it a straightforward story that may not be classically suspenseful, but it's still affecting. The characters are also likeable, if realistically flawed. One of the better Hollywoodized horror films of the 00's decade.

5. sebekk's rating of the film The Ruins

Being a Mayan is hard work!

6. Gabriele Taddei's rating of the film The Ruins

Un semplice film horror con idee molto originali e che tiene in tensione, come film leggero è ottimo, certo non è un film d'autore, ma un pò di sano cinema di genere fa bene talvolta

7. Kalib Butler's rating of the film The Ruins

I really did enjoy this. It was horrifying for me, as if I was in that situation, how bad it would be for me...

8. Henrique Amud's rating of the film The Ruins

It was a great low key affair until it simply got totally ridiculous. If it was so bad from the beggining, I might have enjoyed it as a so-bad-it's-good, but I just could't.

9. Drunken Father Figure of Old's rating of the film The Ruins

What a pleasant surprise!! I rented it cause I felt like laughing at a bad movie and watch attractive leads die, but it turned out to be really effectively gruesome! And there were several surprising plot twists!

10. nothere's rating of the film The Ruins

Great Book. Not so great film adaptation.

11. Scout Tafoya's rating of the film The Ruins

Lean and grim, I liked its elegant simplicity and despite it having a believable set of characters and a relationship dynamic I can relate to, it's unrelentingly bleak which I think does the book justice.

12. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film The Ruins

The only original thing about this generic horror film is the fact that the monster picking off the usual cast of nubile teenagers are some ridiculous carnivorous vines - other than that, this is a bland and predictable paint-by-numbers gorefest. Basically 90 minutes of filthy young stars crying, even the graphic gore scenes fail to generate any tension or suspense.