1. Imagefix's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

Has not aged well, but dinner theater is forever.

2. mysteriousgirlno2's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

this ruined Harry Nilsson for me but it's okay because of the dance of the sugar poof fairy by Ian Somerhaldendadsee

3. Isabella Heron's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

look at this dudes face its literally fucking tobias' face so fuck that

4. galuh indri's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

"I need you like I need a fucking asshole on my elbow."

5. Ghostman's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

An interesting film that has its moments but tries too hard. Sometimes it felt inauthentic, did Avary go to college? Watching the film it would make sense if he didn't. Still, it has its moments and is entertaining.

6. taniaburrito's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

7. missbento's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

8. bbbbbbbbbbbbbbb's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

9. Ioanna-Violet's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

I wasn't impressed by this film. I watched it, because i never like half-watched films, but i don't feel i earned anything by watching it. I haven't read the book, so i cannot comment on the content and the plot, and whether the adaptation was good or bad, or if something more could be made out of it

10. George Paizis's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

a pretty pointless film. working the narrative backwards to explain HOW it all ended like that it failed to engage me in the problematics of the characters or with what they were after. based on Brett Easton Ellis, the story lacked the humour of AmPsyc, its incisiveness and breadth.

11. raggiodisole's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

Empty lost souls so damaged so early. Entirely watchable,some great tunes, and some neat cinematic tricks. Bleak, mind.

12. Duncan Leishman's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

This film still holds up more than ten years after it first came out. Van der Beak is on good form as Patrick "American Psycho" Bateman's brother which he must have films around the same time as the end of Dawson's Creek. A Darkly funny Satire about rich kids at college.

13. janh24's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

Against all odds, this was eminently watchable melodramatic fair. Who'd have thunk it!

14. Vanessa Good's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

I wanted to like this but James Van Der Beek as a relative sociopath is unconvincing. At times it seemed like a high school media project. However, in saying that there are some good points to the film! Worth a watch but not on the favourites list!

15. Superfrog's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

If you really need to watch something bad, I would recommend Street Fighter or the cinema adaptation of Mario Bros as either at least have some kind of a charm to them. Utter waste of time, deeply deranging not through what it is showing but because it is obviously normal to the author, all without the slightest analysis. To keep myself sane, I started assembling IKEA furniture halfway through, so it wasn't all bad

16. ruthlornaadele's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

17. DominicB's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

A fantastic adaptation. So good in fact it carries the same failings as Bret Easton Ellis's books: they'd be shocking if you hadn't seen it all before.

18. Dennis Morgan's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

When I first saw this film when it first came out I couldn't believe how dark it was, looking at it now 12 years later I can also appreciate how darkly comic the whole film actually is.

19. sophie.littman's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

20. Criss Fletcher's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

Delicious and Nasty are the right words to use here. This super zeitgeisty and cynical look at rich white American college kids is cool and sexy and stylish, with a killer soundtrack, but always bubbling with anxiety and malaise. You can't look away even if you wanted to, and you don't really want to. It's too good. It's deliciously nasty.

21. James Slaymaker's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

I'd like to see an entire film shot like the Eurotrip sequence

22. sebastianbarronmubi's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

Makes Beverly Hills 90210 look like a Bergman. Unwatchable garbage.

23. Nina's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

June (?) 2013. Two stars for the movie, one more star for a pretty solid adaption. Gotta admit that this one was quite close to the novel, but seriously, 1. who the hell was responsible for the audition, 2. did this person even read the book and the character descriptions before deciding on each actor and 3. how did Bret Easton Ellis let him/her get away with Lauren being a brunette. Just, HOW?

24. Pymo's rating of the film The Rules of Attraction

Split screen and rewind my life.