1. lostintrans's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

В фильме всегда разбавляют жестокость юмором, интонационно облегчают собственный пессимизм, но с более или менее пронзительной ясностью хорошо отдают себе отчёт в том, что описывают закат мира.виртуозности в использовании глубины кадра, длинных планов, сложных и плавных проездов камеры, превращающих театральную декорацию в последовательную смену пространств, через которые, как в маскараде, дефилирует целое общество

2. ujjwal's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

a classic masterpiece... 'everybody has their reasons'...

3. Karmacoma's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

Nora Gregor reminds me of Juliette Binoche a lot

4. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

Quite innovative in terms of cinematography, being an ensemble piece and containing dialogue that doesn't necessarily move the plot along but adds to the realistic nature. In the beginning, it's quite cluttered and has too many moments of characters talking about other characters. However, the slapstick fight and Andre's death at the end are quite powerful. Also, Renoir is a great actor.

5. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

57/100 (Birinin çıkıp şuna kötü demesi gerekiyordu. Yılına saygı duyup puanların arşa çıkarmayı kesin artık. Aslında son 20 dakikaya kadar 8/10 luk bir potansiyel varken son 20 dakika malesef sıçıp batırıyor. On tane tesadüfün bir araya geldiği berbat Türk komedi filmlerinden oluyor. Eleştirmek istediği hususlar mantıklı, kamera açıları yılına göre değişik ancak bunlar hiçbir şey ifade etmiyor. Devamı yorumumda...)

6. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

I know it is the type of film I should love - a neglected film that was removed from the public in twenty years - hated and booed at the premiere, but somehow I just can't see to warm up to it. It is probably a film that demand repetitive viewings in order to appreciate it. Great decor and costumes and it's sharp dialogue was the highlights for me, but maybe I just wasn't in the right set of mind this day?

7. De La Ghetto's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

This movie taught a younger me so much of what I now know about cinema, and for that, I adore it. Fuckin love this movie man! Gotta watch that shit again..like I'm craving it.

8. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

9. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

10. Sara Sousa's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

I tought I was in for a tale of class struggle;turns out the criticism of the bourgeousie is very tame.(Maybe it wasn't at the time.) It's a story about love & the conventions around it.Didn't like the plot much-too many implausible developments.Also didn't care about the dramas of the characters;they weren't developed enough.I know this was groundbreaking, but I just couldn't get into it.Great camerawork,though

11. Ethan's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

This is hands down one of the greatest films ever made and also one of the most entertaining. Brilliantly crafted by Jean Renoir, this comedy of manners moves like a bullet and never lets up until the end credits roll. This is what true filmmaking looks like.

12. Pierre.F's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

Un film ou plutôt une "fantaisie dramatique" qui passe de prime abord pour une comédie légère et vaudevillesque et qui porte au fur et à mesure un regard beaucoup plus incisif sur cette petite société aristocrate. Les plans et mouvements de caméra soulignent d'ailleurs ce regard et dénoncent la cruauté et la froideur de ce monde.

13. ionu's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

amazing direction and production, I just didn't get into the theme.

14. AVA's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

Schöne alte Filmkunst.Unwiederholbar.Moralisch.Wenn/wen der Schein trügt.

15. FISCHER's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

Une fort décapante description d'un milieu bourgeois décadent... www.cinefiches.com

16. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film The Rules of the Game

oh so pretty and smart i hate the ending but it's a classic

17. William R Clark's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

You want me to review a Renoir? A Renoir?

18. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

The full tarot deck of characters

19. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

A perfect film. A rare comedy with incredible depth of characters and a simple but complex story. They are all very colorful and well acted characters. It is hilarious, sad and extremely entertaining. The dialogues are meticulously well written and the camerawork really immerse you into this interplay of characters "stealing" each other's wife. Lying is one of the rules of the game

20. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

Seen on 35 at the Metrograph, and I realized for the first time how much, quite apart from a rich masterpiece, this is also a robust audience movie. What does it mean? First, that pure heroism has no bearing in how we lead our lives. Second, that upper- and lower-class people are both human beings like anyone else. Only, when "accidents" happen, one side will have to pay, and one won't. Them's the rules. Essential.

21. Sander Moyson's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

'La Règle Du Jeu' is a film written with fire. Renoir not only paints a meticulous, diabolic portrait of his characters; his constrained use of graceful closeups (faces with shimmering eyes on glossy, blurred backgrounds) makes us fall on our knees, as our hearts start to burn and we can't help to fall in love with man.

22. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

Twisty, complicated, funny, and still finds room for moments of intimate connection even between characters as emotionally warped as these. I don't know if I like it AS much as 'The Grand Illusion' if only for the fact that I think Renoir's warm humanism shines more brightly through a straight story, but this is still a gorgeous, wildly entertaining, and ballsy film.

23. Chris's rating of the film The Rules of the Game

great direction, but honestly? i can't see why it's one of "the greatest of all time" ... 7/10 but i'll try rewatching it eventually

24. Maudealan's rating of the film The Rules of the Game