1. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Ruling Class

A monumental (in most senses) satire on all that was established in England: class, religion, hierarchy and, above all, hypocrisy. The cast cheerfully enter into the demolition spirit of things although it's somewhat stodgy in appearance and pace, especially the second half. The intervening years have dimmed its satire, but it's no less relevant in aim, if not precise target, now - are our current rulers any better?

2. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Ruling Class

The first Criterion I bought but didn't keep.

3. Muraki's rating of the film The Ruling Class

Peter O'Toole is a real gentleman

4. Opium Den's rating of the film The Ruling Class

- How do you know you're God? - Simple. When I pray to Him, I find I am talking to myself.

5. El Biffo's rating of the film The Ruling Class

A merciless indictment of the 1%. an incredible performance by Peter O'Toole, and it's a musical!

6. Nick Potter's rating of the film The Ruling Class

A terrific and biting British satire film with some brilliantly Shakespearian dialogue, delivered by the all-time great Peter O'Toole. This film really drives home the point of how shameful O'Toole missed out on eight Academy Awards. A bit longer than it may need to be, The Ruling Class still finds a way to fit in zany scenes and musical numbers throughout.

7. Leo's rating of the film The Ruling Class

Kinda interesting but very dated

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Ruling Class

It's lost a lot of its sting since it came out. Everybody's Jesus these days. The stakes for being crazy are much higher. The ruling class has mostly lost its grasp as corporations are our new rulers.

9. Ben Loory's rating of the film The Ruling Class

somehow this seems infinitely less dated now than it did when i last saw it 25 years ago...

10. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Ruling Class

7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1Ii

11. AlexanderKR's rating of the film The Ruling Class

A film so zany it might have to be British. Scathing commentary. A strange chemistry of performances. It found every excuse it could to work in another musical number. Overall I dug it.

12. Mark Desrosiers's rating of the film The Ruling Class

Ignore Peter O'Toole and you will see one of the finest comedic ensembles of the early seventies: even Mel Brooks would have offered up his soul for at least four of these weirdo geniuses. Pay attention to Peter O'Toole (or the vengeful God) and you will see one of the angriest, most eloquent Tourette's-inspired skewerings of class arrogance before Peter Greenaway invented Mr. Spica's restaurant.

13. CRW's rating of the film The Ruling Class

14. Christopher Scott Zeidel's rating of the film The Ruling Class

Kind of an empty and boring experience despite Peter O' Toole's great performance.

15. Nick McGaw's rating of the film The Ruling Class

Overlong, indulgent, sloppy, and stagy, but it's razor-sharp critique of the twin pillars of conservative culture--religion and the upper classes--hits the mark often and surprisingly effectively. Not a movie you could make today, in any way.

16. Justin Lintelman's rating of the film The Ruling Class

It's like The Rules of the Game put on by Monty Python with a Shakesperian cast. If it didn't fall flat in the last act it would probably be my favorite movie ever.

17. S Campbell's rating of the film The Ruling Class

A bit long but ulitimatly wonderfull film with a standout performance from Peter O Toole and a lovley one from Arthur Lowe as A cynical butler

18. Güvenç Atsüren's rating of the film The Ruling Class

An amazing satirical screenplay, and a tour-de-force acting by Peter O'Toole.. Highly recommended, espcially to who like Bunuel's late works like The Milky Way and The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie.

19. Harry Rossi's rating of the film The Ruling Class

20. CJ Roy's rating of the film The Ruling Class

One of the most British films I have ever seen is an interesting satirical jab at the British class system. Peter O'Toole is at his best as the man who becomes "cured" of believing he is God, only to turn into Jack the Ripper incarnate.

21. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Ruling Class

***1/2. Good adaptation of a play. The musical scenes and Jack's hallucinations are well inserted in the narrative. In 1972, the criticism of the British class system must certainly have shocked more the lambda viewer than in 2010. So let's rather focus on the cast's performance with a special mention to Peter O'Toole and Arthur Lowe. Recommended.

22. vincentbergerond@gmail.com's rating of the film The Ruling Class

"Resisting, this way madness lasts !!"

23. (arc)'s rating of the film The Ruling Class

i first saw this when i was about 14 and ill never forget it.

24. Roscoe's rating of the film The Ruling Class

Some good hard satire and some fine performances can't quite salvage this film, which all too often comes off as merely stagy and posed, downright cheap looking in places. Few major films are so badly made.