1. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Rum Diary

A few surprising humorous moments and political comments about what happened in Puerto Rico during the Cold War help and the film looks classy and has great atmosphere but a tacky happy ending don't help. The movie also lacks Terry Gilliam's visionary directing style and this movie is a pretty straight forward and "safe" production with a slow pace that never really "clicks" into place.

2. Axel's rating of the film The Rum Diary

Maybe the last good movie of Mr. Depp.

3. Roy Deckard's rating of the film The Rum Diary

Too clean, too nonsensical, too boring. Why the fuck didn't they follow the book? It could be a hell of a movie! Damn...

4. dianadhm's rating of the film The Rum Diary

Amber Heard and pretty colours. The end.

5. Matt Rolls's rating of the film The Rum Diary

Misses the mark - an odd adaptation of a superior novel.

6. Nómada Insomne's rating of the film The Rum Diary

2.8 1. Amber Heard, 2. The soundtrack "After all (live my life)" by Frankie Miller.. Gorgeous..

7. Dan's rating of the film The Rum Diary

There are flashes of fun and life in it, but it’s incredibly uneven and filled with missed opportunities. Still, Hunter S. Thompson’s intensity and imagination can’t entirely be buried under the tedium of the film.

8. keremebrulee's rating of the film The Rum Diary

Amber Heard is breath taking

9. JZENIA's rating of the film The Rum Diary

10. Silvia Grădinaru's rating of the film The Rum Diary

2.5 actually, not enough for a round 3 stars though

11. Brian O'blivion's rating of the film The Rum Diary

A streak of trivial scenes. Whatever quality Thompson's original writing has, it didn't transfer into this film.

12. buckabucka's rating of the film The Rum Diary

13. D I A N A's rating of the film The Rum Diary

CHICKEN FIGHTS AND A INCOHERENT PLOT, YEAH !

14. msmichel's rating of the film The Rum Diary

Missing from the fall festival circuit for a reason: it's trash. Such a letdown with little to no reason to bother with. Depp sleepwalks through the picture with the majority of the performances rudderless. The brilliant Bruce Robinson of 'Withnail' and 'Advertising' is nowhere to be seen. Pretty much the best thing about the film is the score and music placement and the line 'it's a standing ovation'. Awful.

15. Vinicius's rating of the film The Rum Diary

16. Ezgi M's rating of the film The Rum Diary

Çin'de zaman yolculuğu ve fantastik öğeler içeren filmler yasaklanmış. Gerçek hayatın kafası çok daha güzel, filmleri çok daha kopuk halbuki... zamankötü

17. Rongmon's rating of the film The Rum Diary

Eh. Five on ten is about right.

18. Reggie Visico's rating of the film The Rum Diary

omg, amber hearrrrd *drooling*

19. The Shadow's rating of the film The Rum Diary

Another Hunter S Thompson success for Mr. Depp.

20. Wally Zialcita's rating of the film The Rum Diary

It doesn't quite cohere, but the pieces are hugely fun.

21. Laurentiu's rating of the film The Rum Diary

So many hotels you can’t see the sea. You can see the sea by checking into the hotels. Pay to see the sea?

22. Lorna Singh's rating of the film The Rum Diary

Perhaps it would be better to read the novel before seeing this meandering film,with almost no character development.

23. Shane Winter's rating of the film The Rum Diary

I enjoyed majority of the film. Obviously, when the source material is Hunter Thompson and Depp is playing Thompson's alter ego Paul Kemp, it's going to be compelling in some manner. Unfortunately, I was extremely underwhelmed by the final third of the film. The Frankie Miller song over the end credits was an excellent treat, but overall the film just didn't have the cojones of Hunter's writing.

24. MS1915's rating of the film The Rum Diary

As I see it, the story was good a good one, it held a solid structure and had the acting to back it up. I also admire Johnny Depp as as artist and an actor and I believe he really brought something to this film. However I found some of the camera work to be flawed, the plot a bit confused, and the ending...unfinished and unresolved. I believe this had a lot of potential, but failed to meet its mark.

← Previous 1 3 4