1. HKFanatic's rating of the film The Sacrament

"America's coming apart at the seams!" I've long had an inexplicable fascination with death cults, Jonestown being one of the most significant ones - representing, as it does, the spiritual death of the San Francisco liberal dream. The idea of repurposing the Jonestown Massacre as a modern day Vice documentary is arguably in poor taste, but it's also halfway brilliant. Ti West's film is both punishing and effective.

2. João R's rating of the film The Sacrament

It's a shame that such an outstanding performance by Gene Jones, the "Father", was wasted in a story whose characters intentions didn't make any sense at all.

3. Merekkio's rating of the film The Sacrament

4. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Sacrament

5. saitosouta's rating of the film The Sacrament

Mumblegore goes picnic at Guyana people's temple.

6. Kevin's rating of the film The Sacrament

7. DarthVader's rating of the film The Sacrament

CIA tarafından, filmin yapımcısı olan Eli Roth'a "komün hayatının kötülüğü ve laneti" propagandası için çuvalla para döktüklerine emin oldum. :) T

8. classicallycara's rating of the film The Sacrament

skip this & just watch the pbs documentary on jonestown.

9. emanuela's rating of the film The Sacrament

this is quite sick, couse it has happened for real.

10. pietroz's rating of the film The Sacrament

One star is for Gene Jones' performance

11. Ale/M's rating of the film The Sacrament

12. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film The Sacrament

13. VincentVendetta's rating of the film The Sacrament

If Ti West was battling the crippling cynicism of postmodern horror with the classic methods of the 70s and 80s (House of the Devil, The Inkeepers), The Sacrement feels like watching the promising director giving in to immediate sensationalism, losing any sense of tension his previous films had. Couldn't be sadder and angrier, especially when the events it's based on were already so well documented on television.

14. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film The Sacrament

Fake as fuck and I can't look past it.

15. dave gunn's rating of the film The Sacrament

The Vice Guide to the Jim Jones Cult Mass Suicide.

16. J. O.'s rating of the film The Sacrament

I was engaged from start to finish, but it was by no means perfect. The biggest flaw were the lifeless characters - the one exception being Father, who was thoroughly chilling. The commune set itself felt unexplored and the first-person style was patchy at best (though the nighttime photography was quite haunting). West says absolutely nothing as usual, but it still it held my morbid attention.

17. The Cinema Doll's rating of the film The Sacrament

I saw this film at a festival and honestly do not have enough space to express how much I hate it. I met Mr. West before hand and though I was in for a scary cult film. Instead I saw what could have passed as a bad reenactment of the Jonestown massacre. A horrible and well known tragedy.I walked out.

18. DisRegarding Henry's rating of the film The Sacrament

Falls victim to many of the same tropes that plague so many found footage movies (camera always happens to be in the right place at the right time; slow, directionless early scenes; excessively chaotic and aggressive later scenes). The cult and their crazed leader were not particularly memorable, compared to, say, Kevin Smith's Red State, nor did it offer any kind of insight. Disappointment from a talented director.

19. cvalda's rating of the film The Sacrament

Delving more into the every day ongoings of Eden Parish would have made this more interesting.

20. Fabio Di Felice's rating of the film The Sacrament

Il found footage ha veramente rotto il cazzo. In più il film è soporifero fino a venti minuti dalla fine, poi, almeno, assume un suo ritmo. La tragedia da cui prende ispirazione, nei suoi risvolti di normalità era ben più inquietante.

21. .:BuNNii:.'s rating of the film The Sacrament

This film was wicked! You almost believe you're watching real footage of a documentary gone way wrong.

22. orangey's rating of the film The Sacrament

Imagine seeing a film about how Jews were persecuted in Hermany. About Hermany's leader Gitler and his antisemism. That's how subtle this film is - as much as a sledgehammer hitting you over the head. On the other hand, I could not stop admiring Amy Seimetz, who's good even in a piece of junk like this

23. Íris Jordão's rating of the film The Sacrament

It's disturbing to think that this actually happened...

24. Swayze's rating of the film The Sacrament

Great acting by "Father" but everything else was quite predictable. Ti West's worst I think.