1. eberhard's rating of the film The Sacrifice

The celebration of a peak experience. Somewhat melodramatic.

2. Epinephrin's rating of the film The Sacrifice

I looked so forward to watching this film. Unfortunately it disappointed me a lot. I didn't understand a thing, I found acting too exaggerated and this film produced no emotion in me whatsoever. Whole time thinking what am I missing, this being like an orgasmic film judging from the 5 stars I see here. Pretentious intellectual stuff / cheap philosophy you can discuss over 10 beers. Nice cinematography.

3. Henning Bergsvåg's rating of the film The Sacrifice

4. AVA's rating of the film The Sacrifice

Sehr poetisch in schönen Bildern.Berührendes Thema-was ist wenn-im Kleinen.Leider entwickelt sich die Szenerie zu einer Art Langzeitkatastrophe, die sicher sinnbildlich gesetzt,durch ihre Länge jedoch überstrapaziert,somit ihre Wirkung verfehlt. Auffällig versuchte Ähnlichkeit I.Bergmann Stil.Unerreicht, da emotionale Tiefe fehlt.

5. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film The Sacrifice

It’s hard to watch. Not the easiest Tarkovsky. Opening and closing sequence espectacular.

6. LomasEastwood's rating of the film The Sacrifice

7. Esteban Henao's rating of the film The Sacrifice

I feel weird after watching this film. It is undeniably profound and such visual achievement and yet I feel uncomfortable thinking that I could understand it completely... seems unlikely. It is like a stream of the guy's soul and I just feel like I need to re-watch it I don't know how many more times to get a grip of it all. I guess that is the point of sculpting with time.

8. Heisenberg9383's rating of the film The Sacrifice

9. lou.'s rating of the film The Sacrifice

[questo l'avevo visto molto tempo fa, e non so come mai non l'avessi stellato...]

10. Inês Barros's rating of the film The Sacrifice

Movie as a ritual, as a prayer. Amazing.

11. sfdgdfggsggsogfgs's rating of the film The Sacrifice

"Милост је мера, није чудо"

12. Crina Cătălina Bucur's rating of the film The Sacrifice

13. Vaso M's rating of the film The Sacrifice

About halfway I started thinking the film is lost on me, I don't get it. But by the ending scene, I had swollen up with emotions almost without realising. It was touching.

14. fane2808's rating of the film The Sacrifice

Visually great and mesemerising, with colour going full circle and the middle split between sepia and full black and white. In terms of story, rather disappointing, as it feels as a forced marriage between Bergman and Fellini, not enough of either and too much of both for a full Tarkovski. “The Mirror” seems to belong to another universe altogether.

15. Klara's rating of the film The Sacrifice

Herregud jag är stum av hänförelse.

16. dorusan's rating of the film The Sacrifice

Not every dream has an ending, especially when that dream is hope.

17. Paul Rot's rating of the film The Sacrifice

18. msmichel's rating of the film The Sacrifice

Essential cinema. Close to 30 years ago this was my first exposure to Tarkovsky via Jay Scott's 'Film International' on TVO. The director's final masterpiece only gets better with time finding him at his most accessible yet still thought provoking and meditative. This deeply spiritual work is a fine epitaph and legacy left behind from a director who left us far too soon. 'In the beginning there was the word'.

19. aaptuster's rating of the film The Sacrifice

Shots are beautiful, however I couldn’t connect with the movie due to its religious themes which bored me to the hilt, until the last scene that saved the grace.

20. David Dango's rating of the film The Sacrifice

21. n0rthlighted's rating of the film The Sacrifice

When I first saw this movie I didn’t know Tarkovsky. I noticed the dreamy style and stayed hypnotize until the very end but never looked who was director. Then few years later a friend introducing me to his work and we decided to watched Solaris. After 15 minutes I felt like each frame was a flashback so I google the man. A clap of hand and I was finally out of this long trance. That how I experienced:The sacrifice

22. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film The Sacrifice

Seen in glorious 4k on the silver screen during its restoration tour. In the theater, this older guy behind me kept emitting sleepy cum noises. Very distracting. 'The Sacrifice' hasn't yet hit me as hard as Tarkovsky's other films but the burning of the house is brilliant. I'll sit on this for a while, four stars for now.

23. Marco Galvez Petrikowski's rating of the film The Sacrifice

24. Henk Lamers's rating of the film The Sacrifice

Final score: 8. Storyline: 8, Originality: 8, Cinematography: 9, Involvement: 8, Sound: 8, Editing: 8, Educational: 8, Title design: 7, Acting: 8, Interesting: 8, Unusual: 8, Exciting: 7, Superior: 8