1. Karolina Rimkute's rating of the film The Sacrifice

The theatrical acting played well in opposition to war horrors. In the beginning observed fear of death as said "makes people do things they shouldn't". As we see later, it also helps to rethink the idea of sacrifice, it's meaning and forms. When is the time to act rather than just speak (using words that only indicate emptiness in though) - is the question that stays after watching this last piece of Tarkovsky.

2. RodrigoPereira's rating of the film The Sacrifice

In the beginning was the Word.

3. OFF_FRAME's rating of the film The Sacrifice

Deeply spiritual, poetic and philosophical in content. Tarkovsky manages to mirror the content with an execution thats equally refined, grandiose and high-concept without feeling contrived, all the while providing enough open esoteric space to allow the audience to find their own meaning within. Masterful 5 stars.

4. Arne Hain's rating of the film The Sacrifice

Genius. It all makes sense, wether its a dream or it all happened. There is the absurdity of having to take a dream serious, because you can`t be sure.

5. bryanvmh's rating of the film The Sacrifice

I didn't fall asleep while watching it... but I kinda wish I did

6. Renton47's rating of the film The Sacrifice

Viewed 2 Tarkovsky films in as many weeks, on both occasions the impression of understanding something profound that has elided me by end. It might be the fleeting nature of his art, but a synopsis could never capture the multifarious and simultaneous ideas happening in any scene. Do I believe we are now spiritually deprived? Unsure, but I appreciate the way in which this film grapples with the subject.

7. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Sacrifice

Rewatched and re-loved. No, I don’t need a reason to rewatch any of his films. Everyone should.

8. eberhard's rating of the film The Sacrifice

The celebration of a peak experience. Somewhat melodramatic.

9. Epinephrin's rating of the film The Sacrifice

I looked so forward to watching this film. Unfortunately it disappointed me a lot. I didn't understand a thing, I found acting too exaggerated and this film produced no emotion in me whatsoever. Whole time thinking what am I missing, this being like an orgasmic film judging from the 5 stars I see here. Pretentious intellectual stuff / cheap philosophy you can discuss over 10 beers. Nice cinematography.

10. Henning Bergsvåg's rating of the film The Sacrifice

11. AVA's rating of the film The Sacrifice

Sehr poetisch in schönen Bildern.Berührendes Thema-was ist wenn-im Kleinen.Leider entwickelt sich die Szenerie zu einer Art Langzeitkatastrophe, die sicher sinnbildlich gesetzt,durch ihre Länge jedoch überstrapaziert,somit ihre Wirkung verfehlt. Auffällig versuchte Ähnlichkeit I.Bergmann Stil.Unerreicht, da emotionale Tiefe fehlt.

12. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film The Sacrifice

It’s hard to watch. Not the easiest Tarkovsky. Opening and closing sequence espectacular.

13. LomasEastwood's rating of the film The Sacrifice

14. Esteban Henao's rating of the film The Sacrifice

I feel weird after watching this film. It is undeniably profound and such visual achievement and yet I feel uncomfortable thinking that I could understand it completely... seems unlikely. It is like a stream of the guy's soul and I just feel like I need to re-watch it I don't know how many more times to get a grip of it all. I guess that is the point of sculpting with time.

15. Heisenberg9383's rating of the film The Sacrifice

16. lou.'s rating of the film The Sacrifice

[questo l'avevo visto molto tempo fa, e non so come mai non l'avessi stellato...]

17. Inês Barros's rating of the film The Sacrifice

Movie as a ritual, as a prayer. Amazing.

18. sfdgdfggsggsogfgs's rating of the film The Sacrifice

"Милост је мера, није чудо"

19. Crina Cătălina Bucur's rating of the film The Sacrifice

20. Vaso M's rating of the film The Sacrifice

About halfway I started thinking the film is lost on me, I don't get it. But by the ending scene, I had swollen up with emotions almost without realising. It was touching.

21. fane2808's rating of the film The Sacrifice

Visually great and mesemerising, with colour going full circle and the middle split between sepia and full black and white. In terms of story, rather disappointing, as it feels as a forced marriage between Bergman and Fellini, not enough of either and too much of both for a full Tarkovski. “The Mirror” seems to belong to another universe altogether.

22. Klara's rating of the film The Sacrifice

Herregud jag är stum av hänförelse.

23. dorusan's rating of the film The Sacrifice

Not every dream has an ending, especially when that dream is hope.

24. Paul Rot's rating of the film The Sacrifice