1. Ludovic72's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

Maria + Isabella sont au top dans ce méli-mélo musical surréaliste... et c'est pas triste !

2. Dogville59's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

3. ikkini's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

Il est pas un peu long ce clip ?

4. Superfrog's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

A film like a pun; an interesting kind of crazy.

5. Blumes's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

Mark McKinney should be starring more often - the man can deliver a line.

6. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

As a huge fan of 30s cinema, especially of the French Impressionist movement, I can't say I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed this. Surprisingly, it also turned out to be a wonderful black comedy with a cast comprised almost entirely of assholes. The visual ideas, though too much at times, were a joy along with it's observations on how the world seems to turn around the USA despite the story taking place in Canada.

7. El Biffo's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

This Guy Maddin deserves a lifetime achievement award. One of Isabella Rosselini's best films.

8. Trevor D. Jun Kwong's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

Very bold, very creative, even some moments of great beauty and truth. But not much to really move the depths of my soul.

9. usaextrafancy's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

10. redux's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

11. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

More like The Most Boring Music in the World. Hyuck hyuck. But seriously, this did not enthrall me the way My Winnipeg did. There were some moments, but Guy Maddin's artistic sensibilities really don't adapt themselves well to a traditional narrative. By the end all hell breaks loose and I'm not exactly sure which hell. I really wanted to like this one. Brand Upon the Brain and Archangels seem like more my cup a tea.

12. Ilya Nikolaev's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

13. Mark Desrosiers's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

Or, The Fatal Glass Leg of Beer. Despite an occasionally hilarious script, and the fact that it's filmed in glorious retro-vision, the film only lodges itself in your brain as a flabby incoherent dream, with not much to offer in the saddest-music (or beer!) department.

14. Harry Rossi's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

What an incredible work of art. The more I see from Maddin the I become impressed and enthralled with his artistic vision. The set design, the acting, the story, the cinematography, the editing were all wonderful and played off each other beautifully. Loved every waking moment of it, never a dull scene.

15. AntioneOscar69's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

All this hype for that gimmicky one-note cliched piece of fluff The Artist, and I just saw this film: it far more encapsulates the best of silent cinema, even with dialogue. Stunning editing and cinematography, twisty plot, excellent performances. An unheralded modern classic.

16. Professional Voyeur's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

17. john barry bornstein's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

The Mexican mama is being very firm with her dead infant. "Now, go away," she wails. You are dead. Don't sneak in at night to nurse from MY breast. That milk is only for the living. Well, I guess dead children, like any other kind, have got to learn.

18. Oistein Refseth's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

19. Erik Villasenor's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

You can tell Maddin has complete control of his projects, creating the perfect evocation of his character's and his own consciousness. Brilliant film, criterion would be wise to pick this one up.

20. Kenrick Block's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

EASILY my favorite canadian film ever made. I bow in the presence of Guy Maddin's colossal imagination!!

21. .:BuNNii:.'s rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

I expected a lot better.. not something I'd watch again.

22. idreamincelluloid's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

the film would not work were it not for the pitch perfect tone of the film. it is each character exuding the saddness of their souls, manifesting in their actions that makes the film; and all i could do was laugh. brilliant film

23. rajiv ibrahim's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

probably the best comedy i've seen in a long time, this is strange, absurd, original, hilarious, interesting, intoxicating, and on top of that it's delightfully delicious !

24. davandwar's rating of the film The Saddest Music in the World

Hilarious film! Each character is played so perfectly and the musical performances from each country are so good... I love the glass legs and expressionist sets!