1. petit astronaute's rating of the film The Saga of Gosta Berling

saw the 62 minutes commercial print, that suffers from the cuts.

2. hideloveaway's rating of the film The Saga of Gosta Berling

Finally I was able to see this film, a long but good one. One of Greta Garbo's first, she looks gorgeous as always. And Lars Hanson's performance is great, he should be remembered as a wonderful actor of the silent era.

3. Demetria Moondance's rating of the film The Saga of Gosta Berling

Gorgeous film. It covers a lot: Inner spiritual and moral battles, religious hypocrisy, romance, the cruel existence of social outcasts, revenge and redemption.

4. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Saga of Gosta Berling

A big thanks to the SF Silent Film Festival for introducing me to this gem! A really dark, lustrous work where purity dukes it out with sin, neither deserves victory, and ordinary people get caught in the middle. It has a few of the drawbacks of silent melodrama, but the setpieces are stunning and you can feel the camera falling in love with Garbo. The Matti Bye score is an unconventional triumph of texture.

5. Nancy Stark's rating of the film The Saga of Gosta Berling

Held my attention throughout. Garbo! Was that some kind of feminist vindication at the end, or was I dreamin'…?

6. Weston Campbell's rating of the film The Saga of Gosta Berling

Very good psychological drama of class struggle and identity. Bleak and somber- very Swedish.

7. El Biffo's rating of the film The Saga of Gosta Berling

Great cinema. Don't let the three hour runtime deter you. It's worth your nickel.There is an intermission about halfway thru, so you can break it up into 2 sittings, if you want to.

8. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Saga of Gosta Berling

Guilt, repression, and deception are examined in this epic drama. And like more epics it has its hills and valleys; from the really good moments (like the beginning scenes and the horse chase across the ice) to the dull moments (certain conversations and flashbacks). And with good performances (Garbo standing out in her scenes) and a redemptive ending I'm glad I saw this one.

9. StellaX's rating of the film The Saga of Gosta Berling

A Swedish silent "Pride and Prejudice". Love the new composed soundtrack by Matti Bye. And Gerda Lundequist is phenomenal!

10. chanandre's rating of the film The Saga of Gosta Berling