1. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

2. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

3. Marcelo Baldin's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

One of the best photographers of our time. Hands down.

4. nietzschicharonsky's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

lots of colored people. some are naked dead bodies

5. Namsai's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

this is an essential movie. the message is so powerful.

6. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

7. TugbaKibar's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

Amazing documentary from Wim Wenders & Juliano Ribeiro

8. tgmf's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

Spectacular picture. Gives hope in humanity too.

9. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

Salgado means salty in portuguese language. "The Salt of the Earth"... It showcases poetry written with light and touched by a profound sensibility towards human condition and values ranging from empathy to ecological transcendence. Art work photography has produced an art work documentary. Salgado's work is definitely life changer, for me it was a wakeup call from a comfort alienated urban bubble life.

10. Leti's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

11. João Churro's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

12. john.fisherman's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

An elegant dance between two beautiful dinosaurs of the photographic art form. And a light shone on the mythical figure of Salgado, at times simple and complex, magical.

13. vordven's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

14. twiggymoo's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

The most beautiful documentary I've ever seen.

15. n's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

Philosophy by means of a film, and a film by means of philosophy.

16. pietroz's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

I guess his wife is much more interesting than he is

17. bitterMoo's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

18. Antonio León Medina's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

Great job as a photographer Sebastiao Salgado. You make me think most of the time on who we are as humans. Good movie.!

19. Mugino's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

Photojournalism and documentaries are both troubling manipulators of perception. That this is a documentary about a photojournalist, further compounds the irony and difficult contradictions of Salgado's celebrity and work. As the NYTimes once asked most incisively, "can suffering be too beautiful?" Still, the humanist arc of Salgado's life and his mastery of the camera are undeniably arresting.

20. pandakuma's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

"We are a ferocious animal. We humans are terrible animals. Our history is a history of wars. It's an endless story, a tale of madness."

21. cinegeek.de's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

Mein Beruf ist der des Videothekars. Ich sehe mir die Kunstwerke anderer an und geniesse sie. Meine liebste Filme empfehle ich den Kunden, auf dass sie genauso begeistert reagieren! Wim Wenders hat denselben Job, indem er uns den Fotografen Sebastiao Salgado nahe bringt... die ganze Rezension sowie die interessantesten Dokus über Fotografie auf cinegeek.de

22. Nino Lasso's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

How hard is to shed a light on a character whose body of work is highly complex, contradictory and worthy of discussion? Is Wenders' vision of Salgado apologetic and kind of lackluster? Is it OK to criticize dad? These questions arose as soon as I left the theater and have lingered ever since, although the need to re-watch this has turned nil, while I think a much needed contrast might turn up in other places.

23. Henry_Swanson's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth

A showcase of not just a remarkable photographer and his unique life story but, via the photographs featured, the degradation and tragedy in every day life. Really made me think of just how plush and secure and affirming of a life I really have as a Westerner. I looked past the menial things and knew that my corpse wasn't left rotting on a dirt road somewhere or that I'm working in a hellmouth-looking Chilean mine.

24. L'immoralistee's rating of the film The Salt of the Earth