1. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film The Salvation

Rapey/bros/justified revenge. Redundant.

2. Star Lord's rating of the film The Salvation

Western di non gran livello. 1,5.

3. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film The Salvation

Come on, guys. This is about revenge. Which sense does it make to complain about prediction? Otherwise it wouldn't be revenge, right? This is a beautifully shot, well directed, superbly acted; violent western. Which difference does it make that the shooting has taken place in X, the actor is a citizen of Y & it meant to be in Z? Bullshit. This is packed with tense, action, drama & with the wild, wild west.

4. fleur de chair's rating of the film The Salvation

A paint-by-numbers Western in which absolutely nothing interesting happens. Competently performed, but the script has all the depth of a high school play. Skip this one.

5. Steve G.'s rating of the film The Salvation

Eric Cantona congratulates Mads Mikkelsen on killing Germans, plus other stuff happens.

6. Carambotti's rating of the film The Salvation

Whew! A solid dose of western vengeance. Moody, dark. Came for Mads, but delighted to see Eva as a mute.

7. Philippe P. Marchetti's rating of the film The Salvation

2.5 Mads saves the film. But the movie really lack originality. Wonder what's the point of even making the movie.

8. bulgrin's rating of the film The Salvation

Spaghetti rip-off. Maybe 2.5.

9. Jørgen Lien's rating of the film The Salvation

10. itstheresomewhere's rating of the film The Salvation

11. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film The Salvation

Some striking individual shots and Eva Green's eyes. Apart from that all very predictable and sadly not very interesting with it.

12. Zach Closs's rating of the film The Salvation

Crisp, beautiful high-contrast imagery and impressive work from Jeffery Dean Morgan, Johnathan Pryce, and, of course, the compulsively watchable Mads Mikkelsen elevate this conventional (and often quite nasty) old-school western, which is fast becoming one of my favourite no-frills genre films of its year.

13. Amelio Nicotera's rating of the film The Salvation

14. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Salvation

Tiene un buen inicio. El reencuentro de una familia que se ve tempranamente obstruído, abre el tópico sobre el honor y la venganza. Este es corto, mas aplaza al mismo aunque llegando desde el otro lado. Es la pandilla que hostiga a un pueblo y castiga al "vengador". El filme se debilita para cuando llega el enfrentamiento final, uno que posee ciertos recursos poco verosímiles y de poca emoción. Lograda fotografía.

15. Danny Southern's rating of the film The Salvation

3.8; classic western with two of my favorite actor: Mads Mikkelsen and Eva Green. You can't really ask for more.

16. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film The Salvation

There's a lot of problems with this and it kinda disappointed me at the end, but I love it anyway. Just like my ex.

17. Tiago Assis's rating of the film The Salvation

kinda cute. the lighting is wrong. VFX are worng. everything else is pretty much ok.

18. Fırat Ataç's rating of the film The Salvation

a citation about The Salvation: '' I can honestly say this is the best Danish Western starring a former Manchester United footballer I’ve ever seen. ''

19. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Salvation

Spaghetti western in Danish shot in South Africa but meant to take place in Arizona (Monument Valley) or in Texas (Oil). Ghosh, I love Globalization and Co-productions! Pretty images coming straight from a European comic book like the one-dimensional characters. Already forgottten.

20. msmichel's rating of the film The Salvation

Levring moves a little closer to mainstream with this Western pastiche written by himself and Anders Thomas Jensen. No genre cliché is left unturned really but the film still works thanks to a fine pair of performances by Mads Mikkelsen and Mikael Persbrandt. These two epically mine masculinity playing brothers used up by war starting new lives in America running afoul of our villains. Nothing new here but earnest.

21. Jason's rating of the film The Salvation

Baroque. A fancy way of saying silly. But not happily silly. Jonathan Pryce was clearly told not to be silly, which is unconscionable. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is silly in a way that is of no use to me or the movie. The way he is utilised is far and away the film's most fatal miscalculation. Eva Green is so serious about being silly that it is even more silly. She is the best part. I hate Mads. Hate his Danish guts.

22. J. O.'s rating of the film The Salvation

A solid pastiche. Unfortunately, it never transcends homage. At times I believed it would, but it never quite takes that extra step into greener pastures. Nevertheless, the colour palette was beautiful - think old leather and denim, sun-bleached rocks and bubbling oil. Visually, the film was mostly interesting. The performances were satisfactory. The score was jangly. I expected more but wasn't totally disappointed.

23. Tom Rubendall's rating of the film The Salvation

The strange compositing choices and day for night shooting are very distracting

24. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film The Salvation

Clear skies and extensive prairies don’t hide the gloominess of a story whose predictability and far-fetched scenes are weighing factors. (2.5 stars)