1. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film The Sea Inside

Javier Bardem gives a heartbreaking performance. A truly beautiful and human film. "But I always wake up / and I always wish I'd be dead / to have my lips / entangled in your hair"

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Sea Inside

Le cinéaste réussit parfaitement à nous rendre témoin et lucide d'une douloureuse problématique dont tout le monde devrait être conscient et concerné, et qu'on évacue prestement de ses pensées par une évidente peur panique d'une possible réalité... www.cinefiches.com

3. malachiesipucheala94's rating of the film The Sea Inside

La asta am plans in sala cu colegii de facultate si profu sper ca n a observat nimeni lol

4. Joana Teixeira's rating of the film The Sea Inside

Caracterização incrível por parte do JAVIER BARDEM!

5. anacecil's rating of the film The Sea Inside

Una meditación sobre la eutanasia. Qué futuro puede tener un hombre encerrado en su propio cuerpo?

6. Branca's rating of the film The Sea Inside

Muitas perguntas, poucas respostas. A eutanásia sempre foi um assunto delicado. Mas em caso destes, em que a pessoa se encontra na sua consciência, porque não morrer devido à fome? É certo que leva o seu tempo. Tal seria encarado como um teste à real vontade da pessoa. (E não nos esqueçamos de não culpabilizar os que rodeiam a pessoa que deseja morrer) Peca por ser demasiado dramático / tipo-novela.

7. Ana Sousa's rating of the film The Sea Inside

I can't describe how human this film is. How human it made me feel. Bardem, you are one of the greatest actors alive.

8. Zach Closs's rating of the film The Sea Inside

Given that the film is almost entirely chronological, much of the dramatic heavy lifting falls to a bedridden Bardem, who transfixes with subtlety and humour. The supporting cast is fantastic too, and despite employing more than a few directorial tropes, much of the fact-based story is handled delicately.

9. mysteriousgirlno2's rating of the film The Sea Inside

se eu um dia me escarrapachar toda desta pra melhor, metam música a dar e estiquem-me o pernil

10. John's rating of the film The Sea Inside

Bardem's greatest performance.

11. AALC's rating of the film The Sea Inside

Sensitive and beautiful... but that is not enough.

12. konijns's rating of the film The Sea Inside

13. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film The Sea Inside

"Out to sea. Out to sea, and in the weightlessness of the deep where dreams come true, two souls unite to fulfill a single wish. Your gaze and mine, over and over like an echo, repeating silently: "Deeper, and deeper," beyond everything that is flesh and blood. But I always awaken and I always wish for death, my lips forever entangled in your hair."

14. ammar's rating of the film The Sea Inside

15. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Sea Inside

16. bmelis's rating of the film The Sea Inside

17. galuh indri's rating of the film The Sea Inside

"When you can't escape, and you constantly rely on everyone else, you learn to cry by smiling, you know?" Goddem Bardem!(i)

18. Nicole Cahali's rating of the film The Sea Inside

vi na escola, quero ver de novo.

19. Diana Vaz's rating of the film The Sea Inside

20. sacajawèale's rating of the film The Sea Inside

21. carocell's rating of the film The Sea Inside

22. Nadia Zucchero's rating of the film The Sea Inside

End life is a choiche and only who live in this terrible way can know how much is hard and can choiche if live o died

23. Valerie Kinoo Bedda's rating of the film The Sea Inside

Beautiful movie that treats the delicate subject of the right to end one's life with great intelligence, subtlety, sensitivity and poetry. Never inappropriate nor off the mark, filled with humorous notes and great actors.

24. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Sea Inside

Transcends its melodrama and easy sentimentalizing into an effectively handled, thoughtful, and grandly acted crowd-pleaser. While the filmmaker obviously sides with the Bardem character's wishes, and this bias may turn off some, if one views the movie as solely a casemaker for the right to death with dignity, it validates this tough decision in a humanistic way. Easy to get the meaning, but hard to forget.