1. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

A bold admission in the title as the nature and status of this lazy enterprise whose eyes are firmly on the cash register. There's not even enough incidental diversion for viewing on an aeroplane.

2. pluviosity's rating of the film The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

in the first movie I want to cut Sonny out of the film, but this sequel had made me want to absolute punch him chin out of the film... With a great color palette and even a greater line of cast, this film felt like an awfully bad 90s teen sitcom.

3. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

5.5/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2lM

4. meixio's rating of the film The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Tina Desai and Maggie Smith are always delightful, but this movie really didn't stand out much. Very forgettable and lowkey, even if it's cute.

5. msmichel's rating of the film The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Tonight on a special episode of Marigold Hotel Sonny looks over his nuptial responsibilities; Muriel hides a shocking secret; Evelyn and Douglas have trouble sharing their true feelings; Carol and Norman unwittingly hurt one another with affairs; and Mrs. Kapoor may have just found love. Sitcom level writing and execution torpedos any good intentions here.

6. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

A fascinating anachromism: the sort of chirpy, ensemble melodrama always playing Sunday nights on BBC1, especially in TV's new golden age. But here this is - again - both knowing and serving its (underserved) audience. At times it teeters towards cloying, but Maggie Smith is there to Britishly pull the rug from under its feet, and it could give The Avengers a few points in giving all your characters plenty of space.

7. glitchedplant's rating of the film The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

8. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

lovely & heartwarming again, but hopefully the story ends here.

9. robin's rating of the film The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

'What can carpeting achieve that a good pair of slippers cannot?'

10. galuh indri's rating of the film The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

11. Anarcisos's rating of the film The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

The actors are the movie - love the colors, love India, but I hate Richard Gere.

12. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

It is light and feel good but the character of sonny is a bit extreme and the plot is too simple. A part of the film seems to be missing as I still do not understand how they got the second Marigold Hotel... The first Marigold hotel was better.

13. Ray Dademo's rating of the film The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Did this NEED to be a movie? No. But I'd watch this cast read the phone book.

14. Artemis's rating of the film The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

15. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

The original had enough charm and sparkle to make me forgive the predictability of the story. This one, though certainly funny at times, just feels unnecessary. I was not nearly as involved with it as I was with the first one. However, the main issue that ruined the film for me was the lack of narrative focus: there's too many stories going on, most of which don't come to satisfying conclusions.

16. sashmere's rating of the film The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Hilarious kick off, everything was fine until Richard Gere brought his classic cheesy rom-com into the movie.

17. Ingrid Bergman's rating of the film The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Colorful and fast paced but this lacks much of the charm of the original movie.

18. jxn's rating of the film The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

like hanging out with old friends again (no pun intended)