1. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

Has it's moments but not really a film for adults.

2. lidiishere's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

3. NUGA's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

It's not expected much from a studio known for making things because they are relatable, you know... like instagram comedy. Even less promise is given from a movie solely made to cash in on the popularity of cat videos on youtube. So right from the get go the movie's in trouble. Well, except for the fact it made a lot of money, and why would they care about quality or artistic integrity if they have profit, right?

4. Harriehhh's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

It could have been excusable if only it'd been slightly entertaining, but sadly, Illumination recycled a tired storyline, scraped for bottom-of-the-barrel humour, and churned out this shameless, cash-grubbing excuse for a film instead.

5. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

Lots of fun. Great voice talent.

6. Mugino's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

Uninspired, pandering waste. The greatest human threat to a stray is a dog catcher, srsly? Is this the 1950s? It is inexcusably lazy to merely project human will onto creatures whose inner emotional lives are surely more complex, less favorable to us, and therefore more interesting than what's proposed here. There's nothing in the rule book that says family films can't be challenging or thought provoking.

7. Ana Sousa's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

The dog with the GoPro and "Lovely Day" by Bill Withers.

8. *:・゚✧'s rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

9. Naila's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

someone else called this a cash cow...that's accurate

10. anarresti's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

11. barbaragpires's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

12. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

Very disappointing. The most interesting and entertaining part is the first ten minutes that actually have fun with what, according to the title, is the focus of the film. It swiftly degenerates into a tedious by-the-numbers non-adventure that has clearly been crafted in a boardroom, devoid of any real creativity or authentic charm.

13. MistaRichard's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

Having a loveable four-legged canine myself, I found this movie to be full of endearing moments; as a movie on it's own merit, though, it's not really worth watching.

14. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

Ci sono stati dei momenti sinceramente divertente. Il coniglio è un personaggio spassoso, così come la volpina ma non è il cartone animato più bello che abbia mai visto. Mi ha un po' annoiato alla fine.

15. thmslhr's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

There was never any doubt how the story was gonna unfold, and how it was gonna end up. The characters certainly had their moments, but came off as flat and uninteresting for most of the time. Lacked the 'Pixar'-touch, that we all have become used to in american animation over the last 20 years. It felt like looking at a really pretty picture, without too much more to it. Decent entertainment on a lazy afternoon.

16. Fré Verguchten's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

17. cathika's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

That's the story of a cartoon you are bound to think it's something interesting but it's everything excepted that thing. Nothing else than that trailer...

18. Zineu Simionato's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

19. caddie's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

Although the movie lacked a higher philosophical goal and metaphorical ground, I appreciated it for it's simple and yet ingenious story about our best friends lives when we abandon them for an entire day. Also a bow for good pre-communication&marketing job and keeping animal stereotypes alive

20. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

Honestly, I think that the storyline is a little bit messy. It feels like it's jumble. But screw it right? Because what would you expect from a movie for children? Kevin Hart's character is a scene-stealer. It seems that he wants to curse but he couldn't. Like he was trapped in a PG-rated movie...

21. Diderot's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets

Part of me hates that it's all a petit-bourgeois in-joke, but the rest of me loves the whole thing without reserve.

22. Mr. Marston's rating of the film The Secret Life of Pets