1. Bernardo Crastes's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

With sweeping animation segments that resemble the book's pages and an array of colourful characters, The Secret of Kells gives some good insight on the history of Ireland and the Book of Kells. It's even more special for me, since I'm living here at the moment. I just wished the story would dwell a bit more into history and the script was less contrived.

2. Marina C.'s rating of the film The Secret of Kells

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! The symbolisms, the celtic style so delicately embodied into every aspect of the film, the gorgeous cross between legend and reality, the birth of one of the best illuminated manuscripts brough to life in such a splendid way. I'm sold - gave a little push for my investigation on the Hortus Deliciarum manuscript.

3. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

On the whole more stylistically striking than anything else. It's charming and definitely means something, but it is also rushed and rough in places. That being said, the ending is something different from what's usually offered in American animated films, so animation buffs should find something refreshing here.

4. bryanvmh's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

I really like what they do with the shadows and patterns.

5. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

It's certainly not one of greatest animated film I've ever seen, but it has a lot going for it to make it a stand-out fantasy tale. Even though the plot moves rather frantically, I still got caught up in the storytelling. Though I could spot some economies in the animation, I was impressed with its creativity.

6. Esra Yılmaz's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

Animation needs more man like Tomm moore

7. Elayla's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

8. cinegeek.de's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

Our Daily Free Stream: The Secret Of Kells. Das Buch Kells ist ein irisches National-Heiligtum, ein prächtiger Bildband, der von mehreren Mönchen über einen Zeitraum von vielen Jahren erschaffen wurde. Vielleicht war Brendan einer von ihnen?(...) mehr auf cinegeek.de

9. teresa romã's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

Actually the vikings were very eclectic, they were only considerer barbaric because they spoke in their dialect, and not latin/greek.

10. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

I love it when art denounces Renaissance-perspective, the Secret of Kells did the same thing. It operated entirely from a flat surface using color to create depth. The story was okay, made me think of devotio moderna. God's beauty is in all details of his creation, nature etc. But not vikings!

11. cartoon.motion@yahoo.com's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

12. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

Good tale built on a convincing opposition of concepts (wall/book, forest/fortress, green/red). It instills a sense of wonder towards nature as great as that present in Miyazaki's films. Original and sometimes beautiful style that relies on the flatness of the image (my favorite example of this is the cold room/mind of Abbot Cellach).

13. Christian Reguitti's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

14. antoniam's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

I feel like printscreening half of this.

15. Trunfos's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

16. biancamotta's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

17. msmichel's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

Surprise Oscar nominee in '09 that was not a surprise to those who had seen it. Grand storytelling and tour de force animation should have translated into a wide audience but alas remains somewhat unknown. A wonderful tale of determination, faith, superstition and magic. Voice casting is quite apt and the hand drawn animation a marvel. For the older kids and all us Peter Pans.

18. f-nanda's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

19. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

20. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

3+. Very nice counter-disney animation movie:)

21. kokeshi's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

Un viaggio tra croci celtiche e radure, tra folklore e narrazione priva di troppa pietà o di troppa violenza, tra i colori vivaci dei personaggi dalle forme spigolose in una mescolanza di crudezza e grazia. Great!

22. Naty Muffins's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

23. Sunshine316's rating of the film The Secret of Kells

I still don't understand the hype over this film. I hated the character design.

24. Brenda Flo's rating of the film The Secret of Kells