1. wiwitaek's rating of the film The Serpent and the Rainbow

Better than any Wes Craven's work

2. bernardovazdecastro's rating of the film The Serpent and the Rainbow

The initial sequence was quite suppressing, but after 10 minutes the film lose completely the rhythm. Became a lame love story zombies (I need to be fair, on the graveyard scene for a few seconds it reminds me of "I walk with a zonbie"), and you need to wait almost until the end to have another good scene in the coffin. Regret that I don't like the film formally, I like the political (zombies under a fascist regime)

3. Dada Kubin's rating of the film The Serpent and the Rainbow

The film fails in what is the most important thing in horror films, to build up tension and eerie/creepy/otherwordly atmosphere, because Craven just rushes from one scene to another. In the latter half, the combination of secret police and voodoo manages to give a sinister feel to the film and a peek to the dark side of humanity but then comes the ending which is a farce that highlights all the faults of the movie.

4. speedball's rating of the film The Serpent and the Rainbow

peccato sul finale mi ha perso qualcosa, comunque notevole

5. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Serpent and the Rainbow

Would love to see a movie that takes voudou (and Haiti) seriously-- this isn't the place to start.

6. Rocco's rating of the film The Serpent and the Rainbow

I would have given it 4 had it not been for the maddeningly moronic final fifteen minutes.

7. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film The Serpent and the Rainbow

8. jimmymarkum's rating of the film The Serpent and the Rainbow

More than a horror movie, an urban-haitian legend about an anthropologist trying to investigate occurrences of 'zombies' but falling victims of the cruelties (and 'craven-esque' nightmares) inficted on him by a heinous indigenous 'mindfucker

9. Shelley's rating of the film The Serpent and the Rainbow

Very disappointing, not executed well or scary at all. It had a lot of potential, but just fell short.

10. Igor Leoni's rating of the film The Serpent and the Rainbow

Creepy and original, but I felt Wes Craven lost its tracks towards the ending.

11. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film The Serpent and the Rainbow

It's pretty awkward for maybe the first half, with the story moving too fast, falling short in developing atmosphere and characters. But it's actually when the plot starts to stretch credibility that it actually gets to be a lot of fun, particularly with a number of inventive nightmare sequences. Has its flaws, but in some ways one of Wes Craven's more satisfying films.

12. Marcus Killerby's rating of the film The Serpent and the Rainbow

Most people would be surprised to know that this is based on a true story... Even more people would be surprised to know that the true story is much more bizarre and fascinating and truly unbelievable