1. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

A rather laboured nihilistic intrigue that successfully builds up a rhythmic procedure of mundanities but fails to ignite much interest - intellectual or emotional - once the pattern is repeated time and again. There's a certain elan in the detached spareness and some level of comment on the robotics of life as led, but it could have been told at half the length without compromise; a question of length not pace.

2. Gioele's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

Un stupéfiant film "d'horreur", d'une implacable noirceur existentielle ! www.cinefiches.com

4. belemir's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

5. tyb's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

6. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

Gives new meaning to the phrase "Going to Australia". What's up with the spoiler in the description, MUBI? Very glad I didn't come here first. I knew something bad was going to happen, so I watched carefully for signs. I noticed you didn't see their faces for quite a while and the ritualistic nature of what was going on. There was so little feeling going on. In the end it struck me as being a bit heavy handed.

7. N. C.'s rating of the film The Seventh Continent

as Disturbing as Haneke

8. ginobartolomi's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

A rejection of normalcy and mundanity, 'The Seventh Continent' is nerve wracking. Haneke does more than turn the mirror to face society; he subdues us into prolonged eye contact with ourselves, shatters the mirror as we're dozing off and stabs us in vital organs with the shards.

9. ermete polpette's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

10. Rafael Zen's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

Damn, what a great way to make me speechless! Haneke's debut is a cinema delight: it has a fresh vision of its imagery, it delivers striking performances and it's good from second one to its ending - all done with a mature hand for provocative statements. The aquarium, the toilet, the blindness, the slapping, the agony - so present, so common, so daily. Seventh Continent shocks: it's gutsy and powerful.

11. Jim Fear's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

12. uenus's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

13. Marjan Mar's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

Dying will be an awfully big adventure...

14. ammar's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

15. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

16. wiwitaek's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

Love this movie. Totally can relate to that family

17. Hollywood Overdose's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

In this movie there's too much of nothing condensed. Superficial and meaningless. What drives us spectators in this movie is the questions about their history, their identity and their psyche environment which are not touched by the Haneke's God complex.

18. teresa romã's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

I just want to scream. Asphyxiating.

19. Federico Boswarlos's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

20. Cemre Polat's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

"Bazen kendimi ışık geçirmeyen kafalı insanlarla olmak yerine, ekranlarında düşüncelerini görebileceğim insanlarla birlikte olmayı hayal ediyorum."

21. syderkan's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

eline sağlık haneke.kendim yıkıp dökmüş kadar oldum ziyadesiyle.

22. DarthVader's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

Değer yitimi, anlamın yıkımı ve kendini yok etme. Ailenin ölüsü dirisi. Varoluşun yokoluşla taranması.

23. Tuna's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

seriously the most disturbing, darkest ( not in a good way) and traumatic film ever.

24. emeldakurt's rating of the film The Seventh Continent

Haeneke çağın yarattığı insan mutsuzluğunu çok güzel irdelemiş ve trajik bi şekilde ortaya koymuş

← Previous 1 3 4 5