1. Jamie Steele's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

A masterpiece that is a must-watch for aspiring filmmakers. The death dance across the Swedish hilltops is wonderfully captured, framed and is truly affective for the audience. The meandering narrative keeps you interested all the way through.

2. Chearth's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

3. MisterColo93's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

4. freskonthesfenks's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

Dialogues were poetic. Characters' questioning of God was so beautiful that everyone have different thoughts about it. Acting was inspirational.

5. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

6. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

7. McOpinionated's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

Stands up very well indeed - very watchable. Indeed, some time I will re-watch. Obviously 5* if you include its importance to film history, but 4* for me without that context. Some little flaws of film-making detract - some dodgy acting, the perennial problem of musical instrument playing, some crowd scenes. Gunnar Björnstrand as the sancho panza character Jöns was fabulous.

8. Rumpus's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

9. pykinos's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

Stunning, chilling, and everything that was lacking in the other Bergman films I've watched to date. I'll be thinking about this for quite some time.

10. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. An absolute classic from Bergman, an essential viewing experience, and a flawless mix of philosophical musings and sheer entertainment.

11. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

12. SiIencio's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

A Bergman in uberexistential mode delivers one of the most iconic sequences in cinema, a knight playing a game of chess with Death. Bergman considers the ultimate questions, searches for the meaning of life with death at the heels and proposes an eternal battle between Good and Evil however our deepest gratitude to him will always be for this epic and astonishing brief visual and poetic achievement.

13. NUGA's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

The Seventh Seal is not just a film. It transcends drama and narrative. Its a personal voyage through the depths of nothingness; meaning. It questions god, death, the absence of the self in a time where the black plague swept the world to its very core bringing emptiness to the humanity. (rest in the comments).

14. daxterpt999's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

A chivalry book, an unseen move. Sancho Panza braver than his master. In about 10 years, Tarkovsky will have his own seal, his own Rublev.

15. Carolina Pereira's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

O vazio do sentido de vida de um ser humano em forma de alegoria

16. Maribou's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

A charming little comedy about death. A plague is devastating the land as a knight and his squire return home after years away. Unlike most I find this film a little heavy in its handling of our responses to mortality and a loss of religious faith. The comedy is fragile and often bleak. That said the film is technically brilliant with wonderful photography and Bengt Ekerot's Death steals all the laurels.

17. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

Death is the lord of witty banter. Oddly enough, this film could have had another thirty minutes to feel complete. But a masterpiece full of metaphorical depth and novel-like layers. Berg-the-MAN.

18. gabi gabi gabi's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

19. Jack Joseph Kahn's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

Am I allowed to have an opinion of this film other than admiration? Probably not. But this is perhaps deserved.

20. Vitória Carvalho's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

Grande carácter filosófico, baseando-se na questão da religião, demonstrando angústia para as ideias que se contrastam: a existência de um Deus, com a existência dos vários males representados.

21. MistaRichard's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

«I shall remember this moment: the silence, the twilight, the bowl of strawberries, the bowl of milk. Your faces in the evening light. Mikael asleep, Jof with his lyre. I shall try to remember our talk. I shall carry this memory carefully in my hands as if it were a bowl brimful of fresh milk. It will be a sign to me, and a great sufficiency.»

22. Stefan Stefan's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

23. FISCHER's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

Un inoubliable et splendide chef-d'oeuvre ! www.cinefiches.com

24. Zach Closs's rating of the film The Seventh Seal

Funny as it may sound, the humour is what impresses me most. The film's bold vision is no picnic, but it's also hardly the dour, pretentious saga its reputation sometimes suggests. Everyone is distinct, and the key players all have wit and sass to them; even death himself. It's a tantalizingly, remarkably human film.