1. MicheleMpls's rating of the film The Sheik and I

Excellent! I really enjoyed this film and Caveh Zahedi is the filmmaker I want to be when I grow up.

2. El Biffo's rating of the film The Sheik and I

3.8 stars. Amusing and, ultimately, informative. And I do not think it is offensive to Islam, at least not in its spirit. Maybe some very devout people would consider it blasphemous, but I don't believe that blasphemy should be a punishable offense. And it doesn't insult Mohammed, but it is a critical look at United Arab Emirates laws and how their society functions without being nasty or mean-spirited.

3. Philip Conklin's rating of the film The Sheik and I

As they bump up against censorship, Zahedi's crew seem to imagine themselves as arbiters of free speech, as noble crusaders pushing the boundaries of a stifled society. But they do little to explore what it’s like to live in a society of utter state domination, in which the citizens’ participation in their own domination constitutes its strongest element. http://www.theperipherymag.com/filmgoing-in-the-internet-age

4. alexyoungen's rating of the film The Sheik and I

He clearly put people's lives in danger. But I got really wrapped up in this movie. Also, Caveh's reliance on subtitles shows that Documentary editing is a total crap shoot. I mean, what constitutes a proper select?

5. olivier's rating of the film The Sheik and I

very conceited and uninspired

6. Weston Campbell's rating of the film The Sheik and I

An interesting look at society in the UAE, but gratingly self-righteous at times. I agree with Zahedi's argument, but in trying to humanize his foreign associates he only further alienates those who are not already somewhat westernized.

7. crystal meff's rating of the film The Sheik and I

Hilarious ! Beckett feels the cold on his skin.

8. Bill Jobes's rating of the film The Sheik and I