1. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Sheik

Honestly a bit of a train wreck of a film. Overly creaky and moves at a snails pace, Valentino's acting style may be the most dated of any silent film actor I have seen, and the overall story stinks. Seeing what Fairbanks could do with a similar story setting just a few years later is really tantamount for just how entertaining he could be and what a bore this is. I added extra star bc Val's acting must be seen lol.

2. Aardsy's rating of the film The Sheik

I sense some of this is problematical today.

3. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film The Sheik

Just dull unfortunately. Only notable for its setting and Valentino.

4. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Sheik

5. Log Lady's rating of the film The Sheik

Right. Just as pathetic as I imagined (the race issue, the bizarre Stockholm syndrome love story, the reveal of the sheik's past etc.), but the main attraction that is Rudolph Valentino intrigued me. I've read his biography, but I can't remember much of what it said about his acting style. I just hope this is his cheesiest performance, because I don't know if I can handle any more of the bulging eyes... (continues)

6. THE APOLL0's rating of the film The Sheik

Hollywood's early opposite to L'age D'or, current opposite would Micheal Bay's Transformer films

7. Erik Gregersen's rating of the film The Sheik

Cheesy and racist. That Valentino's maniacal leers and bug-eyed expressions were seen as the last word in sexiness suggests that 1921 American men were a pathetic bunch and that the women were sozzled on bathtub gin.

8. Aimee's rating of the film The Sheik

My favorite line from this movie: "He has such large hands for an Arab" :P

9. Anastasia's rating of the film The Sheik

So glad more silents are appearing on this site.