1. ammar's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

2. Joel's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

Bertolucci has always been a struggle for me. I love his use of colour and scene but find his sex-obsessed, strange controversial obsessions distracting. This film pairs his cinematic lense on one of my favourite film characters the desert. A philosophical road movie into the heat and the sand, where the immediate is swallowed up in the great hum of the earth.

3. roseros's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

The soundtrack is everything.

4. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

5. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

I love the book, but also think that the film has something to offer-- among other things, the landscape, the sky.

6. sineadfulcher's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

7. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

Strangely the acting works, wonderful photo, classy mise-en-scene (even considering being in N.Africa), so Bertolucci.

8. Taufiq Hariyadi's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

9. Yasser Azmy's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

10. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

11. CafeGradiva's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

12. Gabriel Sica's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

A trilha sonora e fotografia são impecáveis.

13. Murat Erdem's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

14. Soizic Izzi's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

15. SPQRNH's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

La musique, les paysages, le triangle amoureux, la réalisation : tout y est. Ne reste plus qu'à se laisser emporter, et oublier la minceur du scénario. Une très belle découverte.

16. Nicole Elmer's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

This film is beautiful. I remember watching it as a 9 year-old and being completely enchanted back then by the cinematography. It truly left a mark on me.

17. msmichel's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

Bertolucci's most under-rated film. A film of quiet beauty and majesty. A great adaptation of the Paul Bowles novel and exceptionally cast. Debra Winger has never been better; this is the film she should be known for. Perfect execution in Storaro's cinematography, art direction, costume and editing. Hadn't seen it in almost 20 years and just marvelled at its beauty today. Sakamoto's score perfect. A must.

18. Rade Curcin's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

I like all films of Bernardo Bertolucci, especcially XX century!

19. Amanda Adamson's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

This film says a lot about women's conditions in North America today

20. J. Pomp's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

The way it uses Bowles' narration is dopey--in the final scene truly idiotic and so forced--but as a whole it flows surprisingly well, despite omitting some of the most interesting scenes in the novel, such as Kit's panic attack on the train she takes alone with Tunner. Vittorio Storaro's cinematography and Campbell Scott's performance make it worthwhile. Malkovich and Winger have zero chemistry, and she's miscast.

21. Elric's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

Please read the book first. So much better.

22. Tigrão's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

Incredible cinematography and direction. Oh, and the soundtrack is GORGEOUS.

23. Howard Orr's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

Takes the filth and disease in Bowles's novel and makes a safe, picturesque film.

24. cigdemozkan's rating of the film The Sheltering Sky

one of the best of bests.. “How fragile we are under the sheltering sky. Behind the sheltering sky is a vast dark universe, and we're just so small.”