1. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

2. Jerry Horror's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

"Is that more expensive than a nervous breakdown?"

3. Peregrine's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

Well hello, looking for warm Christmas feels? Try this one, will ya?

4. Al Sampedro's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

Not the best Lubitsch... rather conventional and Margaret Sullavan's character is such a stupid person for me.

5. Peter Tran's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

Rewatched this and found it even more pitch perfect, and I'm a huge You've Got Mail fan too

6. wiwitaek's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

I got mixed feeling about this movie. Yeah, in this movie, James Stewart is so charming gentleman, but in other hand, I feel that he's a bit creepy. but as it goes, it's just great!

7. Achromia's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

A beautiful analog version of Catfish, if Catfish was good.

8. teresa romã's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

Is there anything not to love about this?

9. Emily O's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

10. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

Rewatched and re-loved. "We're in the same room, but we're not in the same planet." Magical. One of my favorite films.

11. pluviosity's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

the push-pull games in the love story could be quite tedious, but it's really amazing how the stories of (more) interesting supporting characters neatly enwrapped the main romance. And the dialogue is great!! even the seemingly menial banter could told stories about human connections on those depressing time.

12. FISCHER's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

Un chef-d'oeuvre de finesse psychologique décuplé par un exceptionnel humour délicat et communicatif. Avec "Haute pègre", certainement de loin un des meilleurs films de Lubitsch et une des plus suaves comédies américaines de tous les temps. A ne rater sous aucun prétexte, l'antidote idéal contre la morosité, la bêtise et le désespoir. www.cinefiches.com

13. Shōten's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

14. Aardsy's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

15. ughchenausea's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

16. Erik F.'s rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

17. Sara Castro's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

18. rowdyman's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

The story was the basis for the modern remake You’ve Got Mail, with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks and is the sort of sophisticated romantic comedy Lubitsch became known for. It’s a pretty simple story with the kind of pitter-patter dialogue you’d expect from a film of this era when lovers who reveal their real identities kiss once and immediately decide to marry. Simpler times.

19. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

Great ensemble cast, and another example of Jimmy Stewart being incapable of being anything other than great

20. HSBilly's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

21. Kelsey Hill's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

22. Muraki's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

23. Beatriz Menezes Castro's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

Well, watching a Christmas movie on a hot summer day turned out to be one of the greatest feelings ever, due to the magic in this whole movie. This is my favourite Lubitsch so far.

24. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

Trouble in paradise is closer to perfection but there isn't a day in which I wouldn't pick this as the superior Lubitsch. Some films are great for their ambitions and poetic insights. Like all great Lubitsch, this masterpiece is completely down to earth and is a showcase for superb performances, clever dialogue and, most of all, endearing characters. No pretentiousness, just undiluted humanity.