1. Emily O's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

2. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

Rewatched and re-loved. "We're in the same room, but we're not in the same planet." Magical. One of my favorite films.

3. pluviosity's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

the push-pull games in the love story could be quite tedious, but it's really amazing how the stories of (more) interesting supporting characters neatly enwrapped the main romance. And the dialogue is great!! even the seemingly menial banter could told stories about human connections on those depressing time.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

Un chef-d'oeuvre de finesse psychologique décuplé par un exceptionnel humour délicat et communicatif. Avec "Haute pègre", certainement de loin un des meilleurs films de Lubitsch et une des plus suaves comédies américaines de tous les temps. A ne rater sous aucun prétexte, l'antidote idéal contre la morosité, la bêtise et le désespoir. www.cinefiches.com

5. Shōten's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

6. Aardsy's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

7. ughchenausea's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

8. Sara Castro's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

9. rowdyman's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

The story was the basis for the modern remake You’ve Got Mail, with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks and is the sort of sophisticated romantic comedy Lubitsch became known for. It’s a pretty simple story with the kind of pitter-patter dialogue you’d expect from a film of this era when lovers who reveal their real identities kiss once and immediately decide to marry. Simpler times.

10. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

Great ensemble cast, and another example of Jimmy Stewart being incapable of being anything other than great

11. HSBilly's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

12. Kelsey Hill's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

13. Muraki's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

14. Beatriz Menezes Castro's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

Well, watching a Christmas movie on a hot summer day turned out to be one of the greatest feelings ever, due to the magic in this whole movie. This is my favourite Lubitsch so far.

15. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

Trouble in paradise is closer to perfection but there isn't a day in which I wouldn't pick this as the superior Lubitsch. Some films are great for their ambitions and poetic insights. Like all great Lubitsch, this masterpiece is completely down to earth and is a showcase for superb performances, clever dialogue and, most of all, endearing characters. No pretentiousness, just undiluted humanity.

16. daisygrubber's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

Very sweet film, my favourite Christmas movie.

17. Susana Bessa's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

One of the finest romantic comedies ever made! And funnily enough, there was no need for the contemporary resources we ally ourselves to these days or ridiculous techniques to create a major conflict after another. This just comes together gradually and by itself, in all its wittiness and naiveness.

18. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

19. Vineeth Pinglae's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

films shows lubitsch's great grasp on comedy..lubitsch directs it with care and makes an enduring classic ..never can it be forgotten

20. katechon's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

maybe slightly overrated but definitely entertaining. if nothing else, there is the very young stewart. even if sullavan is a wee bit annoying, she is way cuter than any character meg ryan has ever played.

21. beyhan akkoyun's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

Çok keyifli..Tavsiye edilir :)

22. Log Lady's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

Sullavan and Stewart make an incredibly adorable pair, whose exhange of words is often clever and amusing. Despite the abrupt ending which completely and unrealistically brushes off the conflict, this is a light and heart-warming romance that I would recommend anyday instead of the vapid contemporary romance crap fests.

23. El Biffo's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner

My favorite Lubitsch film. I like his talkies much better than his silent films. This one is just great. The shot of her looking into the post office box shot from the other side is brilliant.

24. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Shop Around the Corner